Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse in Manhattan MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse in Manhattan MT

Anyone ever eat here?

I'm doing a massive 7,000mi road trip in June and my dad will be with me for the first leg and he sent me an e-mail this morning adding this to our itinerary. Basically here is the story that put this place on the map so to speak:

"The radio station America FM was doing one of its 'Is Anyone Listening?' bits this morning. The first question was, 'Ever have a celebrity come up with the 'Do you know who I am' routine?'
A woman called in and said that several years ago, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings, MT, she had occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations.* The wait was about 45 minutes; many ranchers and their wives were waiting.
Ted Turner and his ex-wife Jane Fonda came in the restaurant and wanted a table.* The hostess informed them that they'd have to wait 45 minutes.*

Jane Fonda asked the hostess, 'Do you know who I am?'*

The hostess answered, 'Yes, but you'll have to wait 45 minutes.'*

Then Jane asked if the manager was in.* When the manager came out, he asked, 'May I help you?'
'Do you know who we are?' both Ted and Jane asked.

'Yes, but these folks have been waiting, and I can't put you ahead of them.'
Then Ted asked to speak to the owner.* The owner came out, and Jane again asked, 'Do you know who I am?'

The owner answered, 'Yes, I do.* Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant and I am a Vietnam Veteran.* Not only will you not get a table ahead of my friends and neighbors who have been waiting here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye.'
Only in America, is this a great country or what?* YES!!!!
To all who received this, this is a true story and the name of the steak house is:
************************* Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse, 204 W. Main, Manhattan , MT 59741 ,* (406) 284-6929
If you ever get there, give this fellow a sharp salute, buy a steak, and tip the waitress.* Keep passing this on.* We should never forget our national traitor!*"

From reading reviews they also have a steak and prime rib to back it up...then again I'd hope so in Montana.