Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Where to eat in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Where to eat in Bangkok

OK, so I have ben asked about where to eat and do stuff in Bangkok, and instead of PM, I thought it more helpful to post here.

The places I am listing here are authentic yet farang friendly (no Thai required), so here goes:

Baan Khanitha Restaurant Bangkok in Sathorn, Review by Tatler Guide

The Pomelo Salad was really good when we were there. And the usual pineapple fried rice, which you just can't get in the U.S. You can get imitations that are maybe 70% of what it should be, but not like in Bangkok. The papaya salad too, was great. And as far as seafood goes, remember, this is Asia, which means, head on for shrimp and fish, even in faran friendly places. Grilled river prawn is great, but again, they don't cut the head off, because the roe is part of what makes it tastes so good.

Oh, and Singha is always good for Thai food.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
And here's one for places where farangs do not go. I go here every time I am in Bangkok:

Somboon Seafood Restaurant, Bangkok - Restaurants - VirtualTourist.com

The exact dish as pictures, with lots of white rice and Singha, where's my plane ticket.

And do not forget M.K. Suki. It's like sukiyaki only better. Love the sauce, on the spicy side. You can also get roasted duck and other sides to go with the main sukiyaki:

MK Restaurant : Thailand Suki Restaurant - ช่วงเวลาแห่งความอบอุ่น

Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Have eaten here a few times, they always have U.S. beef, but Kobe and AUstralian are hit and miss. I had the Kobe the last time I was there, and it was great.

And you can't take pictures with flash (lots of higher end restaurants in Asia are like that, don't know why).

Bangkok: The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Hotel

Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Cafe Sweets

Nice dessert after some spicy Thai food. I miss the Crepe Cake.

????????????? Cafe' Sweets Bakery by Secret Garden ????

Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
When we were in Bangkok the last time for the babymoon before baby scuderia, she had no use for seafood, so we came here and got some great Italian food.

In Bangkok, almost all Italian restaurants have Italian chefs.

Italian Restaurant Bangkok | Angelini at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok

It is a little hard to get to because it's buried deep in Silom, with really terrible traffic. It is next to the stuffy Oriental Hotel.

Some pictures... The carpaccio was pretty nice too.

Attached Images     
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for doing this mang!