Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Tell me about St. Croix

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Tell me about St. Croix

Cuz I'z going next week. I've only got a couple of days there but it will be with family, so I desperately need alternate activities that I can excuse myself with.

Do I need a car? A 4x4?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond repute
never been to STX, look around this site, there's a forum also. St. Croix Island Guide: Things to Do

Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sean
Cuz I'z going next week. I've only got a couple of days there but it will be with family, so I desperately need alternate activities that I can excuse myself with.

Do I need a car? A 4x4?
A car would be a good idea. For entertainment go to Big Beard's for snorkeling and such, located in Christiansted.

There is a great beach bar on the way to Carambola Beach Resort. Not sure about the directions but you can't miss it, its got a weird name too. Its about 2-3 miles from the resort and will be on the side of the beach.

St. Croix isn't as "touristy" as St. Thomas so be prepared to relax and enjoy the local culture.

Where are you staying?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know, my uncle has a timeshare there that I've never been to.

All the big car rental companies are sold out! I can't find anything. Was hoping to get a jeep or something as I hear the roads are pretty rutted.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sean
I don't know, my uncle has a timeshare there that I've never been to.

All the big car rental companies are sold out! I can't find anything. Was hoping to get a jeep or something as I hear the roads are pretty rutted.
yeah not the best roads there. there are a few smaller rent a car places on the island you might try to search for instead of the usual big names.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
I loved this island, very laid back and not as touristy as mentioned above. I stayed at the Buccaneer a while ago and it was definitely a great trip.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond repute
is the beer drinking pig still around?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by odgaard
yeah not the best roads there. there are a few smaller rent a car places on the island you might try to search for instead of the usual big names.
They seem to have availability but I don't know that I want to give my credit card # to an unsecured website in VIs just because they say they have some cars for rent

Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Rent a donkey if for no other reason than to make Jox jealous.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by fat cab
is the beer drinking pig still around?
he's still around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2oiR5zNxk