Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Mexico City?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jethead is an unknown quantity at this point
Mexico City?

I'm flying into Mexico city in about a month and I was just looking for any ideas or things that I should do or see while I'm there. I'm only going to be there for a few days as I am driving to Zihuatanejo for the rest of the trip. Never been to the west coast of Mexico so I think that should be a good time. Any advice is appreciated

Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
SuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond repute
Stay at the Four Seasons. No one speaks English outside of there. There are some beautiful parts around the city, I can't remember where I went, but don't get lost without someone who speaks Spanish.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
The four Seasons is great, but I prefer the W in the Polanco district. Awesome bar, great restaurant, and close to Mexico City's "Rodeo Drive".

Old 03-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks for the advice, I will definetly try one of those two. Any ideas for day trips in and around the city.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:14 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Four Season and W both great options, but if you want something a little more legit, try the Condesa DF...

http://www.condesadf.com/

Its very stylish/trendy, and the food is awesome (esp the brunch). The rooftop bar/lounge is a hot ticket, and the whole hotel is hopping at night. If you want a people scene, stay here.

Also, make sure you take time to see the Diego Rivera murals at the National Palace downtown (its open air, bulk of the murals are on the courtyard walls) - it is amazing, not to be missed.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Condessa is nice for sure. But I found the younger hipper crowd at W. Especially Saturday night. Ran into a few of the Mexican celebs there, like Patricia Manterola....

Old 03-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
I'd recommend street racing. Legally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfbEYlQqmhs

This was shot on the Periferico in Mexico City during La Carrera in 2007. Sadly, we didn't stop along the way, so I've got nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I will definetly check out the murals, looks amazing, thanks.

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations??

Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
How was it? Did you go to the National Palace and see the Diego Rivera murals?

Did you hit Condesa DF?

For anyone wondering, Mexico City is awesome fun, very cosmopolitan, a great scene w/ amazing people and too much good food.

Some pics of our recent trip... The center of the hotel, looking down from top floor at the Condesa...

Happy hour in our room...

Life-long friends living in Mexico City, down at the restaurant for dinner that night...

The National Palace...

The Diego Rivera murals that the National Palace...

Old 04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
My buddy's appartment complex, looking up thru the lobby (this building was in the movie "Amores Peros"...

Top floor of his building, looking back down to the lobby...

The awesome (and huge) street markets of Mexico City...

Bargaining for some mole powder to take home...

Chiles galore...

Quick Reply: Mexico City?