Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

RyuGin (Tokyo) - incredible

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
RyuGin (Tokyo) - incredible

It's very rare that I am this impressed with a restaurant - call me jaded, a snob, or impossible - but RyuGin is truly something special. The skill and ingredient quality was more consistent and better than 95% of the restaurants in France and Spain.

They served me a piece of sashimi that was *clearly* the best piece of fish in my life. It exploded with waves of flavor, lasting a good 25-30 seconds.

For anyone that has eaten the cooked or prepared dishes of Masa (NYC) or Urasawa (LA) - imagine these dishes being a level better! As for that fish, it was two levels better - a perfect 10/10.

Too hard to import everything here so some teaser pics and link to blog below.

price: $250/person before alcohol, decent Burgundy list

pics:
the snapper (white fish) on the far left - insane - it was probably line caught and still breathing seconds before it was served to me

fried uni wrapped in seaweed

Blue Swimming Crab and Shanghai crab (with roe aplenty!) topped with Chrysanthemum Gelee

full review:
ChuckEats blog RyuGin (Nishiazabu, Tokyo) - Pure Excellence

This was my second to last meal in Tokyo and it changed the fine dining game for me - my standards have definitely been even more elevated.

- chuck

Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Drool.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ What he said.

Wow, that looks incredible!