Notices
Teamspeed Green The Forum For Cars That Will Change Our World & Way Of Thinking.

VIDEO: Jezza and the Stig take on the Tesla Roadster, for 55 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow VIDEO: Jezza and the Stig take on the Tesla Roadster, for 55 miles!

Jeremy Clarkson finally got his chance to thrash a Tesla Roadster on the Top Gear test track during the most recent episode and things definitely went better than his time with the G-Wiz. Clarkson pitted the Tesla against its chassis progenitor, the Lotus Elise and the results were... mixed. The Roadster, with the new drivetrain 1.5 featuring the final version of the single speed gearbox and torquier motor, ran away from the Elise in a drag race. However, when it came to going around corners, the extra 1,000 lbs of lithium ion batteries didn't help. As good as the Tesla handles, weight is always the enemy and the Lotus easily beat the Roadster around the corners. On the straights though, the electric torque won the day, for a while anyway.

YouTube - Tesla Roadster Reviewed and Put on Topgear Track

Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Ninjavideo.net - Top Gear 12x07 (Flash)

For the whole Top gear episode.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I was thoroughly impressed with how well the Tesla did around the Top Gear track. Hard to believe it beat the 911 GT3! They didn't show where it finished in relation to the Elise/Exige but I'd be curious to find out. Anybody know what the Elise did around the track?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I was thoroughly impressed with how well the Tesla did around the Top Gear track. Hard to believe it beat the 911 GT3! They didn't show where it finished in relation to the Elise/Exige but I'd be curious to find out. Anybody know what the Elise did around the track?
I may be wrong here, but wasnt that the laptime of the 996 GT3?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Vanq
I may be wrong here, but wasnt that the laptime of the 996 GT3?
Could be. Seemed a little low to be a 997 GT3 I suppose.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Driver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Strebo!!!! rep for you man!