Notices
Teamspeed Green The Forum For Cars That Will Change Our World & Way Of Thinking.

Tesla Hiring

Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
SuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond repute
Tesla Hiring

In the past some of you across the continent have asked me to keep you posted on job openings at our future locations. Well, Tesla is hiring in Miami and Seattle right now. We're getting ready to open our service centers there. (We already hired for our New York service center.)

Here is a list of the jobs in San Carlos, CA as well as the Miami and Seattle locations. We're looking for vehicle techs and Service Managers. Tesla Motors - employment

Old 11-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Any chance you'd be looking to hire any fresh-out-of-college Automotive Engineers with some high-efficiency diesel and hybrid drivetrain experience? I'll be sending you PM shortly.

Last edited by Alzilla; 11-26-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Vixen -

Newsweek painted Mr. Musk as a better software programmer than CEO. How do you think the company is holding up? I'm curious as to if you think it will go the distance.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to all
Hey SuperVixen,
Do you know Phil Cole ecm/ecu engineer at your San Carlos facility? I had the pleasure of getting a ride on the prototype when he brought it to the field one day.

We fly these here in Fremont, but have not seen him in awhile

Last edited by TestJet; 11-30-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
SuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond repute
We definitely have hired some fresh out of school people so if you're a fit I don't see why we couldn't you.

As for going the distance... I think the sedan will put us on the map in a major way. It's something made for the mass market. It will be more practical and more affordable and still stylish and distinctive.

I think I know Phil. I'll have to look at our internal website to check out his pic, but if he's who I think he is, he's in Menlp Park now working near me. I think all the MP peeps are cool cats. Most if not all of us have an automotive background.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with the company. I know a few angel investors of Tesla Motors and I saw one of them at the Stanford Mall yesterday. He said he would put it at 50/50 right now. He mentioned an interesting stat to me though. Less then 2% of people in the country plan on buying a new car of any kind in 2009. If that holds true I think most people in the auto industry are in a world of hurt over the next 12-18 months.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
That is an interesting stat, although we are almost sold out for 2009 model year production spots and will shortly open the list for Model S reservations (already a lot of requests to leave deposits). A lot of the people I've delivered cars too so far seem to be very private, especially with their finances. I imagine that the typical Tesla buyer is not someone that participates in surveys about their buying and spending habits. Also, the fact that Tesla requires a 60k deposit up front simply to be put on the list to have a car built filters a lot of normal people out. They have to pay the balance 3 months prior to production as well, so the car is fully paid for by the time it arrives. If we leased, financed, took trade-ins, or didn't have to pay up front, I'd be on the list for one already.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet way to do business. As a Silicon Valley resident I hope you go public and do us all proud. That dirt you bought in San Jose would be great once developed.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned
me_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these partsme_qwkr is infamous around these parts
who does your marketing by wonder?