Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Just a little GUN history

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
Just a little GUN history

Disclaimer: This is all over the internet so if you have seen it then stop here and don't complain.

__________________________________________________ ______________

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

I Thought you might appreciate this . . .

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about
20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of
13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. >From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.

Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
On my way home from campus today I saw this bumper sticker it read something like

The Three Stages of Truth:
First it will be ridiculed
Then it will be violently opposed
Finally it will be accepted as self-evident

I feel like that sums up this situation.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent post bro. Never get tired of reading that.

Ya know, the sad thing is that there are a lot of people that would say that we are more enlightened nowadays, and that would not happen in this country... head in sand...

Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Mitch!

i thought about when i got home today... there was a mysterious car outside my gate... my first thought was "fcuk i should be strapped right now... i know Mitch would be....." hahaha

for real dude!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Great post Mitch-
Locked and loaded, just a few miles up the road, watchin' yer back-
AJ

Old 01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ajindfw
Great post Mitch-
Locked and loaded, just a few miles up the road, watchin' yer back-
AJ
Glad to have ya too!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent read Mitch, I had not read that before but then again I don't get off the ranch much either.. Guns are a must for my personal protection and families well being. You can have when you pry my cold dead finger off the trigger!!