Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

LaRue rifles and a Carbine Training day!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
LaRue rifles and a Carbine Training day!

Finally got set up with LaRue and have orders starting to arrive. Shot a OBR over the weekend, and loved it.

I cant wait for Fed Ex to arrive now.. he is bringing me 4 7.62" 16" OBR carbines..

Post some pics when they arrive!

Over the weekend, we put on a fundamental carbine training day for our customers that have purchased rifles from us. It was pretty much free for them, and we supplied lunch and goodies. Since most were totally new to the AR market, we thought they would enjoy it. So 15 got to go to a training class. It was just a blast to see them all enjoying their rifles and it provided us a chance to go full "range ninja" and have some fun. Yes, we clowned it up in our ninja gear but it was just for fun. (except the guy on the left, he is 2nd Force Recon, he wasnt clowning around...)

I just love the gun biz!

Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I was just spending some time with an OBR...thing holds sickeningly tight groups (I think the customized remington 700 was feeling a bit old). And there is nothing like being able to hit multiple 8in lollipop targets at 500 plus meters away without any real thought (horus reticle on the 17x scope was helpful with that though). LOVE Larue!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'd really like to get my hands on an OBR Hybrid, but even in TX they are hard to come by. I tried to contact the guys at LeRue last year about coming by their facility in Leander to look at some rifles and they blew me off.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I'd really like to get my hands on an OBR Hybrid, but even in TX they are hard to come by. I tried to contact the guys at LeRue last year about coming by their facility in Leander to look at some rifles and they blew me off.
Yea, I get the impression dealing with them that they know their shit is golden, and if you dont like it, tough titty.

But still the rifles are pretty bad ass. The OBR's we have in stock now are getting calls on from all over the west coast.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
They are TOO MUCH FUN.

Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't think LaRue sold to California customers.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
Yea, I get the impression dealing with them that they know their shit is golden, and if you dont like it, tough titty.
I was told that LaRue focuses primarily on producing rifles for the military and that civilian customers come second. I have no problem with that, however, I've got my eye on an LWRC for my next AR just because of the fact that I can't get a hold of an OBR.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I never understand big optics on 5.56 guns...

Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker,well, yes, they do have CA rifles and I have OBR's in stock, JC. They are 16" at the moment, and I was going to have 18's and 20's but all my first orders are pre-sold.

All I have left coming not sold is 16" OBR's and PredatAR's.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
How much do you want for the PredatAR?

Quick Reply: LaRue rifles and a Carbine Training day!