Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

HK USP 45 Tactical

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
HK USP 45 Tactical

I am thinking of getting one and would like any feedback please.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
HK makes some great guns, I love the way most fit in my hands and they shoot excellent. Have you held it and see how it fit in your hands?

Old 06-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
They are great pistols...

Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
i have the USP Compact 45. It's a pretty nice gun.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
I have shot the usp 45 before but was unsure of any difficencies in the weapon. So far i have heard nothing bad about it.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:45 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Had one.
Good pistol, but I've no need of the threaded barrel. If you don't mind a large pistol, it is certainly a great weapon; especially if you've got a use for a suppressed weapon.

The reality is that a regular USP is more than likely perfect for you. The "tactical" tag isn't worth the extra $$.

IMHO the USP line of pistols is the only thing that HK does thats worth a damn.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
I owned that exact pistol. It is a good pistol; the threaded barrel may get you a lot of attention at the range (if that is what you are looking for). It has a double-spring recoil system that does a nice job of taming the recoil; very soft shooting 45. It is also somewhat of a larger pistol so you may want to see if you can get your hands on one before purchasing. Otherwise, it's a good pistol that is very precise; I had no problems punching out a half-dollar size hole at 20 yards (edit; I should state that was using a bench as well...).

You can pick them up fairly cheap on a used one since the HK45 series just released the threaded barrels. Do yourself a favor and shoot the HK45 before buying one of these in that the HK45 and P30 have truly taken the USP line to the next level. PM me if you have more questions.

Also, I believe several folks here carry the USP Tactical Compact as well if that means anything to you.

Last edited by CarbonCycles; 06-09-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Man, my grammar sucks
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I alternate my carry gun between the P30 and the .45 Compact Tactical, and also own the full-size .45 Tactical and uber-sized MK 23, along with several others from the HK line. All are great guns. If I could keep only one, it would be the CT. I would definitely shoot one before you buy the full-size 45 Tactical. You only give up 1/2" of barrel length, but it feels much smaller, while retaining decent accuracy. I'm a pretty big guy, but the .45 Tactical is a lot of handgun, and it's hard to imagine a civilian use where it would be the ideal choice, as no handgun is the ideal interior home-defense weapon, and the .45 Tactical is much better carried in an exterior holster than concealed. But then again, I own one, so I can't really bad-mouth the choice. I will say, it's very accurate out of the box.

If the threaded barrel is important to you, and you are after a suppressed handgun, I would also just say that a well-suppressed .45 is still not a very quiet gun. Consider a suppressed 9mm if you want a quiet yet still potent handgun. A nice, suppressed, 9mm semi-auto pistol is about as fun as they come.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Then again, I'm surprised a threaded-barrel handgun is even civilian-legal in California, and I can't imagine trying to get a suppressor there. Maybe it's not as bad in California as I imagine . . .

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 06-08-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
IMHO the USP line of pistols is the only thing that HK does thats worth a damn.
Wha... wha whaaaaat???!?!?!?!

You're not a fan of the 416, MP7, or MP5???

Quick Reply: HK USP 45 Tactical