Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Fun with a TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Fun with a TV

I helped someone move a few weeks ago and an old 32" TV of theirs got rained on in the back of my truck. Needless to say, the rain made the TV non-functional. I re-purposed it this weekend...

At 80lbs+ and no handles, I didn't feel like carrying it too far.

Some "reduced" recoil slugs.

Remington 870 with a 7 round tube.

First shot with a slug, it didn't make it out the back.

Second shot with a 5.56, also didn't make it out the back.

Third shot with a 230 grain Speer hollow point out of a 1911 Commander.

It ended up being a lot of fun, 15 slugs out of the box, 7 that were already in the gun, two 30 round magazines out of the AR, and 5 rounds out of the 1911 just for fun. As a side note, I got my first fail to load (ran hundreds or thousands from that mag) out of the magazine that was in the 1911. It appeared that the round going into the chamber had some setback. It is possible that I had chambered it before and that is what caused the setback and thus the fail to load.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Hard to believe nothing made it out of the back! Especially with the shotgun and AR.
Should of used some of that tannerite stuff! Buddy of mine just bought 40 lbs of it, and oh my, are we going to have some fun!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mechamegalodon is an unknown quantity at this point
not to be the enviro-freak but this is HORRIBLE for the environment. I really hope you cleaned up all that stuff after.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the environment was quite adapt for this kind of activity, dirt and shell casings.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
That area I was shooting in is available to the public for that purpose until the next growth spurt for the track housing. It gets cleaned up once a year by volunteers. The other open spaces where I shoot, I clean them up as I shoot. I agree that just leaving those items in nature is not in good taste.