Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Need Recco for Range Bag

Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Need Recco for Range Bag

So I just joined a gun range/club in Philly. I've always been a casual shooter, but generally go w/ my dad who has all of our firearms, ammo, etc. Now that I will be going more often I want to put together a range bag that has ammo (I have access to all rental firearms at the range for free so I will want to have assorted ammo) my ears/eyes, targets, and other misc stuff. I will also need it to be able to carry 1-3 pistols as well.

Does anyone have a bag that they like, good quality, roomy, etc.

Any input as well of things to look for or avoid would be good as well.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I have a bag from Shooting Systems (used to be Assault Systems). It's got an easy twenty years on it... I'll see if I can dig up a link. It's designed for two pistols, but you could fit up to four. Be back in a sec...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go:

Elite Survival Systems Range Bag - available in 3 sizes

It might seem pricey, but I can honestly say it's one of the best-made bags I've ever had. It's very practical. Based on the descriptions, I think I have the "medium" size. Good luck dude.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I was going to say any "go-bag" type bag would work well. That is a pretty sweet bag though.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond repute
This is the bag I have for my SCAR16 and others -

MOLLE Sniper Drag Bag Rifle Gun Case--ACU

Stock photos (not mine).

Attached Images    
Old 09-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am a fan of Pelican.

linked HERE

Or you can step up to the hard core infantry unit style case that holds 12 M4 style rifles... HERE

Old 09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by O2Supply
I am a fan of Pelican.

linked HERE

Or you can step up to the hard core infantry unit style case that holds 12 M4 style rifles... HERE
wouldn't mind pelican but I don't want a hard case, I'm more interested in a bag for ammo and accessories...I'll probably buy one this week, I'll post which one I get and reviews.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
incognito is an unknown quantity at this point
Voodoo Tactical! Can fit an Two AK's fine and it's a cheap priced case.. I think AK's are around 37"

Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
SoCalS4Avant is infamous around these partsSoCalS4Avant is infamous around these parts
How about anything from Uncle Mike's - Uncle Mike's - Deluxe Range Bag

Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't sound like the OP needs a bag that will hold long guns, so not sure why some of the above suggestions were made. Pelicans are a great case to travel with firearms, but for everyday/range use, they're overkill, too heavy and bulky, and don't hold $hit other than the gun and magazines; forget any ammo.

I like Chris' suggestion. I have a similar (maybe even the same bag?) that I bought through the HK webshop (the embroidered HK logo adds at least $30 to the actual cost). The US site doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

HKWEBSHOP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Recco for Range Bag