Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which Gun?
Glock 17/19
46.15%
S&W M&P9
23.08%
SA XD9
23.08%
CZ 75B/SP-01 9mm
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Buying First Handgun Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, I thought we did this already? Get the Glock 19. I use it over here, CAG uses Glocks, and everyone that asks me what pistol to buy gets told the same thing-Glock. Do it.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Which range did you go now that Agoura is closed due to frequent suicides.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
And how come no H&K? I love my USP .40 and they make a killer handgun.
Most of the ones I found were a bit out of my price range with Tax/Dros/etc.

Originally Posted by SoCal
Dude, I thought we did this already? Get the Glock 19. I use it over here, CAG uses Glocks, and everyone that asks me what pistol to buy get told the same thin-Glock. Do it.
If I remember correctly you were the one that recommended I post up a thread to ask around!! Dont worry bro - I'm def. leaning towards the Glock, just trying to find the right deal. I also still want to shoot a 19 vs. 17

Originally Posted by stuka
Well my Family has a Vacation home in Palm Springs, so last weekend I went down with the wife and there's a range close by called "The Academy" The Academy Firing Range . Great Range, will def. be going back. But I plan to go up to Oaktree soon as well (Oak Tree Gun Club - Home). Was talking with Ara and we might meet up in the near future at the Target Range in Van Nuys. http://thetargetrange.com/

Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Now that is a nasty way to end the day at the range, the guy next to blowing his brains out...

Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
Now that is a nasty way to end the day at the range, the guy next to blowing his brains out...
No $hit... Happened like 7+ times at that range.

Gun range suicide hits Agoura again

Old 02-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
holmeslice is on a distinguished roadholmeslice is on a distinguished roadholmeslice is on a distinguished roadholmeslice is on a distinguished road
I have the SW MP9. The wife had no problem pulling the slide back. It came with 3 different grips. I can get by on the smallest myself even with "man hands".

I tried the Glock 17 and prefered the S&W. My SW has the trigger shaved to a 2.5 lb pull so it was easy for her to fire so the advice from others to try them out is good. Some ranges will let you preview different types. Guys are usually pretty nice about getting newbies, especially women interested in shooting.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
So we went with the M&P9... I will be buying a Glock 19 in the next few months as well. This just worked overall best for Both me and my wife. With the interchangeable Back Straps, ambidextrous slide lock/mag release (wife is a lefty), etc. It just made the most sense, plus I got a SMOKING Deal... The 10 Day Wait begins. Now its time to start looking for ammo...

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 02-11-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned
How "smoking" of a deal? It is a nice piece.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
$500 otd.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned
Good deal bro. Have fun with it, but you will love the Glock 19 once you get it.

On another note, I am really looking forward to next Saturday bro. It will be a complete blast!

Quick Reply: Buying First Handgun Help