Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Oh good, another moron.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simba
McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.
Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.
Well ... you can see where she's coming from, nothing like being a victim or directly affected to put one on a crusade.
To her, it's personal.
MADD got it's start and steam in a similar manner..

Despite the warning signs, from what I have read and heard on the news, he was never diagnosed or treated for any type of mental instability. Being expelled from college doesn't qualify, being one that fellow classmates do their best to avoid does not either.

I also recall hearing that he was heavily armed ... 1 pistol and several clips = heavily armed?
Stockpiles .. hmmm ... can't ever have too much single malt or ammunition.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just to confirm, murder is illegal in this country, right? I ask only because I've never been able to get over the idea that the additional laws (whose punishments are inconsequential in comparison to murder in the first) would somehow stop random acts of violence such as this.

No matter; I'm sure she had a copy of the bill sitting on her desk just waiting for an appropriate tragedy.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bluestrike2
Just to confirm, murder is illegal in this country, right? I ask only because I've never been able to get over the idea that the additional laws (whose punishments are inconsequential in comparison to murder in the first) would somehow stop random acts of violence such as this.

No matter; I'm sure she had a copy of the bill sitting on her desk just waiting for an appropriate tragedy.
Tom, I believe the creation of new laws is to add the "drag-net" effect. So, if we can't get you for murder, then we should be able to string a series of more "minor" offenses to get the same net effect....sort of what they did with Capone and tax evasion. Sounds like the system is broken and can be gamed pretty easily...imo.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vandalia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid media. Stupid public. Alarmist BS. *buys another gun*

Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, you are the thread revival expert.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mechamegalodon is an unknown quantity at this point
Christ lady, its a MAGAZINE!!!!!!!! not a CLIP!!!!! I load clips for my mosin, magazines are for assault rifles!