Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

any exp with 5.45x39 chambered AR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
any exp with 5.45x39 chambered AR?

This seems like the uber setup to me, but never heard of anyones experience with it.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond repute
I bought a smith and wesson 545 upper last year... it's a great upper for when I travel to nevada or arizona to shoot. Ammo prices aren't what they used to be and ammo dumping a 223 is kinda expensive now! You can't buy cheaper ammo right now than the 545... last I checked it was $280 plus shipping from aim. That's like 340 shipped, oh and that's for 2160 rounds in 2 spam cans!!! I have over 5k rounds of this stuff in case the shtf... problem in LA area is there are not many ranges that allow steel core ammo. Oh, and its corrosive, not a big deal, just be sure to spray down with windex and clean the gun after you use it.

I only have a eotech on my gun and have not tried to see accuracy... but I think there have been reviews online. Hope that helps.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cool996
I bought a smith and wesson 545 upper last year... it's a great upper for when I travel to nevada or arizona to shoot. Ammo prices aren't what they used to be and ammo dumping a 223 is kinda expensive now! You can't buy cheaper ammo right now than the 545... last I checked it was $280 plus shipping from aim. That's like 340 shipped, oh and that's for 2160 rounds in 2 spam cans!!! I have over 5k rounds of this stuff in case the shtf... problem in LA area is there are not many ranges that allow steel core ammo. Oh, and its corrosive, not a big deal, just be sure to spray down with windex and clean the gun after you use it.

I only have a eotech on my gun and have not tried to see accuracy... but I think there have been reviews online. Hope that helps.
Thanks,

Whats the website url for ammo?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond repute
RGUNS - Ammunition

here's one I found recently...