Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Thoughts / feedback on the Sig Sauer P 250

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
Thoughts / feedback on the Sig Sauer P 250

Strongly considering the Sig P-250 for my wife ( .40 SW ) as her starter weapon. She has been signed up at a local shooting club for instruction.
Hoping to find a few folks who own this weapon and can give solid feedback. I am a .45 /44 mag shooter and certainly feel that my wife would not enjoy the pleasure of those calibres as an intro to shooting / personal defense.
Thanks,
B

Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say get her a Glock 19 or something similar as a starter weapon. The .40 might be a little much IMO.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non
Strongly considering the Sig P-250 for my wife ( .40 SW ) as her starter weapon. She has been signed up at a local shooting club for instruction.
Hoping to find a few folks who own this weapon and can give solid feedback. I am a .45 /44 mag shooter and certainly feel that my wife would not enjoy the pleasure of those calibres as an intro to shooting / personal defense.
Thanks,
B
A .40 is pretty intense for a girl, especially to start.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Huggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enough
Stay away from the anything that is a DAO in a heavy caliber like that due to control that gun has a very heavy and awkward. My wife shoots all my stuff and does very well with a .40 with a good trigger. I do handgun and firearms training and my $.02 is go with a Glock 23 and get a Lasermax or Laserlyte setup. This will get her on target much faster and really build up her confidence. If you are not a Glock fan look at the HK P2000 or USPc. .40 S&W is a great choice and my favorite round and is what I got my new STI Tactical in great bridge caliber.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Teach her properly and she will be fine with whatever caliber she is shooting. In fact, if a person doesn't learn to grip a pistol properly, they shouldn't be shooting it no matter the caliber. Proper instruction would mean that she could shoot a damn .44 mag if she wanted to.

That said, since this is for your wife I am going to deviate from the standard line and recommend something a bit more obscure.

Assuming ease of use, potential to need it while in a vehicle, requirement for a hit on first shot, use in a bed room, preference for something easy to handle.

If you are truly being practical and not looking to buy a name so that you can say that you have a Glock, Sig, etc, I highly recommend that you check out the Taurus Judge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl-ZIo-Wztc

Love this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttFslPwNEuc

Seriously, I know that many look down on Taurus, but they have come a LONG way in the past several years. I have a Taurus PT1911, and it has been the best, out of the box 1911 I have ever had, bar none. And I have had a lot of 1911's.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
I see no problems with 40cal. My gf shots hers w/out too much trouble.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
thanks to all. we're going shopping / testing today and tomorrow.
B

Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
blackburry is on a distinguished roadblackburry is on a distinguished roadblackburry is on a distinguished road
Why not start from small to big? Most shooting ranges offer rentals and their relatively cheap. Have her shoot everything, chances are she'll end up with a 9MM.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
If you are looking for a polymer Sig, skip the P250 and look at the SP2022.
The P250 has seen mixed reviews on the various Sig sites. The SP2022 has one of the best out of the box triggers of all the modern Sig's and so far has been much more reliable then the P250. It is available in 9mm or .40, has great ergonomics, and is a great bang for your buck.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id=411538263

Last edited by Brett B; 12-15-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a serious Glock guy myself. Love Glocks. The Sigs just don't do it for me, but if she's new, I'd seriously have her learn to shoot on a .22 Browning or Ruger hand gun. Let her get the form and idea down first, then move to a 9mm or .40.

Starting anyone off on a .40 or even a 9mm is a bad idea regardless of male or female.

Quick Reply: Thoughts / feedback on the Sig Sauer P 250