Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Here piggy piggy piggy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
^ I've questioned this kind of hunting as well, but people say that they only do it when the wild pig population gets out of hand and they start damaging people's crops.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Your right tractorcrusher..I know Texas has real issues with feral pig over population and the damage they do.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Huggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JarodL
Have to agree. I have been boar hunting, but seeing stuff like that disgusts me (unless there is some purpose to it). I don't think you would find many true hunters who respect something like that.
This is used in area where the hogs are causing major damage to crops. I know a ton of Farmers in FL that used to open their farms to hunters to help with the hog pops. but half of the A$$holes that were given permission did more damage than the hogs they would shoot signs and farm equip including $100k+ tractors and combine so now the farmers wont let anyone shoot on their land and they pay crazy fees to have a company like this come in for "pest control"

right, wrong or indifferent the guy in the chopter is an AMAZING shooter to be wielding a .308 suppressed AR at those speeds and making hits like that I wish I was half the shooter he is

Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
The amount of damage these feral pigs can do in one night is unreal. These pigs are beyond a nuisance now and considered a pest; the problem with feral pigs it that they are VERY SMART. You have one chance to take them out otherwise they become ghosts and impossible to hunt down.

There is actually a preferred method on capturing and destroying the sounder. You really don't want to go indiscriminately killing the pigs; rather you are methodical on taking out the boars and sows. Regardless, the heli shooting seems like it would be fun to do once, but otherwise, the rotor wash of the blades, noise and hot brass in a closed confined area would start to wear after time.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Huggies
right, wrong or indifferent the guy in the chopter is an AMAZING shooter to be wielding a .308 suppressed AR at those speeds and making hits like that I wish I was half the shooter he is
Aint' that the truth!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond repute
I love guns and shooting, but I am with rocketman and Jarod on this type of killing.

Complete disrespect for life!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Huggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enoughHuggies will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JarodL
Have to agree. I have been boar hunting, but seeing stuff like that disgusts me (unless there is some purpose to it). I don't think you would find many true hunters who respect something like that.
Originally Posted by gfroman
I love guns and shooting, but I am with rocketman and Jarod on this type of killing.

Complete disrespect for life!
Would it be different if it were Prairie Dogs?

Old 12-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Here's a news cast on how much damage these hogs can cause:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JAGERPRO.../0/rQ46YMMk3CM

Old 12-20-2009, 02:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rockitman
Kind of disturbing don't you think ? I'm all for hunting for food, not so keen on trophy hunting and this seems like neither. I would prefer hunting Obama liberals if it were legal. No remorse for them. In fact I would have more remorse for those feral pigs.
nice to see you buddy!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Huggies
Would it be different if it were Prairie Dogs?
Nope.

I loathe the stupid sniper prairie dog kill videos as much as that boar one. Especially set to hard rock music.

I did not enjoy watching 12 seconds of it.

This being said, the dude can shoot and it is a damage issue ...