Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

What is the best semi-auto weapon for surviving a zombie apocalypse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
What is the best semi-auto weapon for surviving a zombie apocalypse?

I just saw this posted on uncrate. I thought it was amusing so I'm sharing it with you guys.

Best answer posted to the title question:

According to most zombie experts, the only way to kill a zombie is severely damaging the brain.

You must also understand that you need to be very mobile, as you will most likely need to get safely out of Raccoon City, Silent Hill, Etc.

So you will need something that is
1.) Lightweight
2.) Heavy Killing Power
3.) Accurate
4.) Semi-Automatic, and Automatic capabilities for desperate situations

Introducing the Kriss

The problem with most SMG's is the recoil. Popular SMG's like MP5's only shoot 9mm ammunition, which although cheap and plentiful, have little killing power. In addition to that you can only shoot in 3-round bursts before affecting accuracy.

The Kriss uses the much more powerful .45 cal bullet, which bores holes up to an inch wide into rotting flesh. It also employs revolutionary system that diverts recoil into the handle, thereby completely eliminating barrel climb.

Here is a video showing the Kriss in action: Kriss Recoil System

Keep a Glock 21 as your sidearm. It uses the same powerful .45 cal ammunition so you only have to carry one type of ammo in your backpack. It works great for close kills when you're driving a car through a horde of zombies, and works underwater, in mud, in sand, anywhere.

Finally keep a San Mai Gurkha Kukri on your hip. This machete has an angled blade that helps develop momentum for lopping heads, clearing brush, and prying open doors, rescue crates, etc. This is all you'll need.

Finally lets look at why other options are bad choices:

Flamethrower: Very Heavy, damages your base, hard to reload

Shotguns: Great upclose, terrible at a distance, hard to reload

Crowbars: Hard to carry, you don't want to get that close

AK47: 5.56mm bullet is too small to create enough exit damage

Sniper Rifle: Unless you're in a field, any sniper post will make you a sitting duck if they find your building

Chainsaw: Please see crowbar, only works in the movies

Old 10-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
AK47 is not 556...

Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing to blow of the head with certainty ... Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) shotgun

Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
The only thing to blow of the head with certainty ... Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) shotgun

Now thats what I'm talking about Where can I get me one of those bad boys

Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I am pretty sure my M1A Scout will get the job done.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, an AK-47 is a 7.62. If I had my preference, that would be a good place to start. They are reliable as hell, accurate enough, and have stopping power. Personally, I would just cache some food, and sit on top of a 2-4 story building and pick them off until they all starved.....

Old 10-31-2009, 01:27 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
I think AK would be the way to go too, lots of ammo around, same with 223/5.56 then maybe .45 / 9mm pistol.

kriss is really too new for me to want as a life or death gun.

Shotguns are too bulky and hard to carry a lot of ammo + reload way more often.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Who ever authored that little article is an imbecile. That aside, although I much prefer an AR in almost every way possible, when you consider a true apocalyptic situation and being on the run, you really can't beat an AK47. Its simplistic design, loose construction tolerances and stopping power make it an almost perfect tool for defense against zombies. Chances are you won't have the tools nor the time to effectively clean a weapon, so that will effectively render many alternatives useless after moderate use. An AK47 will handle a lot more abuse and can essentially be cleaned with a shoelace and some motor oil. Another alternative is the AK74. Though it lacks the stopping power of the 7.62, its 5.45 round, often referred to as the poison bullet, can do massive amounts of internal damage.
If I were held up in a well protected and stocked area, I would choose an AR variant over the AK. For further distance, a nice bolt action .308 like a Sako TRG would do the trick. Although, it would be awesome to shred zombies with a .50, unless they are going to start driving vehicles, you really don't need it if it comes down to only being able to have just a few weapons.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AurumPotestasEst is an unknown quantity at this point

How about that? :P

Old 10-31-2009, 07:32 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
haha

very nice thread

Quick Reply: What is the best semi-auto weapon for surviving a zombie apocalypse?