Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

A couple new ranch toys I picked up

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
A couple new ranch toys I picked up

This past weekend I took three friends out to my grandfather's 1000 acre ranch located in the New Mexico wilderness. On the way down I took delivery of two guns that I had bought through my uncle (who has an FFL) several months back.

The first of the two is a Bushmaster AR-15, a great rifle which many of you are probably familiar with. It is my second AR, as I sold my first in college to help fund a set of coil-overs on my then B5 S4. I kept all the optics and gear associated with that gun so I'm looking forward to putting it on this AR.

The second gun is a real gem. It's a PTR-91KF, which is an exact copy of an H&K G3. In fact, G3 parts are interchangeable with this gun since the company that built it purchased the rights and blueprints from H&K. I tried it out at around 400 yards open sites and it is very accurate. I'm planning to install a Swarovski scope that is currently on another rifle of mine, as well as a bipod to make this thing really accurate.

In my mind these are the last rifles I plan purchase in the foreseeable future, therefore I purchased plenty of rounds for each in case the government makes this a much harder process. From now on its only well made English and Italian double barrel shotguns for me, and possibly a trick 1911

Attached Images   
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice pieces!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Do Want!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
W00000hoooooooooo! yeuuuh!

Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
What part of NM? My parents have a couple of sections up near Chama.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Down in the southern part of the state about an hour from Ruidoso.