Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Evil Black Guns

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
In California, and more specifically L.A., it is difficult to find an FFL who is willing to sell an assembled Cali legal pistol grip rifle. There are a few FFLs who are willing to do it but they usually tack on a huge premium. I guess the advantages are that you can pick all of your components, and it may save you a bit of money. Not difficult to build at all, and doesn't really require any special tools. There is plenty of info on the net on how to build an AR-15. The only tools that will be helpful are a few punches, and a spanner wrench to tighten the castle nut on the butt stock. Hope this helps.

Ara

Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice collection.

Such a fun hobby, isn't it?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
In California, and more specifically L.A., it is difficult to find an FFL who is willing to sell an assembled Cali legal pistol grip rifle. There are a few FFLs who are willing to do it but they usually tack on a huge premium. I guess the advantages are that you can pick all of your components, and it may save you a bit of money. Not difficult to build at all, and doesn't really require any special tools. There is plenty of info on the net on how to build an AR-15. The only tools that will be helpful are a few punches, and a spanner wrench to tighten the castle nut on the butt stock. Hope this helps.

Ara
Ara,

Do you have a good FFL for LA that you use?

I hate most of the jerky FFL's that I have ran across, yes, even the ones on calguns.

This would come in handy for the LWRC SABR lower which will have to be DROS'ed before I can take possession after waiting the 10 days.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Sick rifles/shotgun! I am just starting to get in to these, was curious what made you want to assemble versus buying complete, advantages/disadvantages? Any special tools needed? How difficult?
This is certainly something I'd be interested in doing, can't be much harder than doing an engine.
Thanks!
Do you live in People's Republic of Kalifornia?

If not, it's quite simple to just buy whatever you want. Provided you don't live in other communist states like NJ, MA, or HI.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you guys tried riflegear.com? its in costa mesa... Ade's is good too, but their hours are weird, and I heard Ade retired. Ammo bros sucks for transfers and all around service. But, they'll do it.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Cool996
Have you guys tried riflegear.com? its in costa mesa... Ade's is good too, but their hours are weird, and I heard Ade retired. Ammo bros sucks for transfers and all around service. But, they'll do it.
I'll check them out.

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Andy, I do have a guy, but I don't know if he'll DROS a complete lower. I'll ask him.