Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Ammo reloading machines? whats do u recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
raypeter is on a distinguished roadraypeter is on a distinguished road
Ammo reloading machines? whats do u recommend?

hi guys, thought i would ask the knowledge out there what is the best brand of reloading machine to buy, would prefer to something that is as automated as possible, doesnt have to be the fastest though, and needs to deal with .300winmag and .308win cartridges, and possibly some pistol ammo to if possible.
thanks guys
peter

Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a Hornady Lock-N-Load AP. Awesome set up, awesome company, can't go wrong here.

Lee Precision is also a GREAT place to start. A lot of people new to reloading start here. They set the standard for customer service as well.

One way to consider getting a start is by going to your range of choice, finding the guy there that knows reloading, and pay him for instruction. Then make your choice on reloading equipment.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Many go with Dillon Precision and get Lee dies.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Many go with Dillon Precision and get Lee dies.
Thank you! I was in ADD mode earlier and couldn't pull up Dillon from my head to save my life... Kind of like forgetting your own home phone number.

What OT said.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
I went through the same process a couple months back and went with a Dillon 550. My local GS sells them and I got to see their quality first hand which is what made me pay the extra money. Everything Dillon makes is just plain top notch stuff. If you like nice things I definitely recommend the Dillon stuff it is just great great stuff. They have awesome customer service and they ship parts out to you within about 3 days to your doorstep it seems.

Couple of places to get stuff:
Midsouth.com
Midwayusa.com (my favorite, easy to navigate site, from order to delivery is 3 days with UPS ground shipping this place is great)
Dillon.com
Precision Delta for handgun bullets

If you need any help feel free to pm me. It took me a month or so to get all the right stuff together and having people help my like Brian really helped out.

Best of luck it is a lot of fun

just loaded up 200 .45 acp 5.2gr of Titegroup with 230 fmj-rn last night since the darn indoor range doesn't allow lead.

Another note the place where you REALLY REALLY save reloading is on match rifle ammo. I can reload .308 at about 25% of the cost of Federal Gold Match ammunition.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
raypeter is on a distinguished roadraypeter is on a distinguished road
hi guys, thanks so much for all ur feedback.
very much appreciated
thanks peter