Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Passed my CCW

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond repute
Passed my CCW

I took my concealed permit class this weekend and I was literally in some guys garage sitting in a folding chair watching videos on his laptop. There was only one other person in the class and he was an interesting character to say the least. He got a little defensive when the instructor asked us what kind of experience we had with semi automatic pistols. I answered by saying since I bought my gun I've been at the range at least one night a week. The other guy in the class started stuttering and stammering about there not being a range close to him and that he couldn't go shooting as much as I did. Anyway there was a break for lunch and then we meet in a parking lot and I followed them to a field where we did the range portion of the class. I did have a couple mix ups shooting left handed two hand grip. I shoot lefty at the range, but only single hand grip and lets just say in the excitement of moving while shooting I put my thumb over my left and the slide hit it hard enough to break the skin.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Darnell
...I put my thumb over my left and the slide hit it hard enough to break the skin.
Ouch. It's happened to all of us, at some point. You'll remember to keep it clear next time though. Congrats on passing the course. How long does it take for the permit to be issued in TN?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:36 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Try getting a CCW in California...

Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
Juat a question, not trying to flame...

What was the shooting requirement? Are you left handed, or did they force you to shoot lefty?

In KY and OH, it is simply a reuirement to hit the target ( accurately). There is no requirement to be able to shoot off-hand/weak hand.

Also, congrats on passing!

Wilson

Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Congrats man.
I'm going to pick mine up on the 21st. I've already been approved with no tests, just background check.
I love Georgia.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond reputeDarnell has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yonder
Juat a question, not trying to flame...

What was the shooting requirement? Are you left handed, or did they force you to shoot lefty?

In KY and OH, it is simply a reuirement to hit the target ( accurately). There is no requirement to be able to shoot off-hand/weak hand.

Also, congrats on passing!

Wilson
I don't know if its just the instructor or the state but it wasn't my choice as I'm right handed.

They have 120 days to issue my ccw but it could be as fast as two months.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, Darnell!

Originally Posted by 81911
Congrats man.
I'm going to pick mine up on the 21st. I've already been approved with no tests, just background check.
I love Georgia

Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
Nice D. What holster are you using with the G?

Quick Reply: Passed my CCW