Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

FYI... Sig 556 Holo and 556 SWAT available in LA

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
FYI... Sig 556 Holo and 556 SWAT available in LA

Not a for sale post, just letting people know that when I picked up my 556 Holo, that there was one more 556 Holo and one 556 SWAT at the store.

And yes, they do charge a CA surchage on the bullet button.

This is the same place that Ara will be picking up his as well.

I don't know what the rules are, but for now, just PM me if you are looking for one.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
will you school me on them for a minute? what's the difference between the two? where do you even shoot something like that? they look pretty cool and I'm always up to buy a new gun.

I've never shot a rifle before other than my shotguns and never even thought about owning one. Sell me on it.

Last edited by SteveH; 11-25-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
will you school me on them for a minute? what's the difference between the two? where do you even shoot something like that? they look pretty cool and I'm always up to buy a new gun.
I can only tell you that for me, coming from the M1A Scout 762 round world, and wanting to try 556 round, and at the recommendation of Chris and Choke here about the piston system, that I picked the Sig 556 for the piston design and its handling and weight, not to mention recoil. Oh, and POF and LWRC rifles are basically impossible to get in CA without all sorts of trouble since they cannot be shipped as is due to CA AWB.

Oh, and one round of 762 is more than one dollar nowadays, shooting that will put me in the poor house.

I have been lugging it around my place after picking it up today, and it is just a lot easier to handle than my Scout. The Scout is good for denying terrorists covers, but is not as easy to handle. But then, it could be that I am simply a whimp.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Steve, best local place to shoot rifles is probably Angeles range. I think the range goes out to about 500-600 yds. These rifles will have a 10 round magazine which can only be removed using a tool. Let me know if you want to go shooting. I have a few different rifles so you can try some things out before you buy. However, these Sigs are only going to become harder to come by. I picked one up at the gun show about 2 weeks ago. We are going to another gun show this weekend in Costa Mesa where they will probably have a few of these on display and for sale.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and as for the difference between the two, the Holo basically is the standard Sig 556 with a reflex sight mounted on it. The SWAT model has a forward pistol grip with tac light, more accessory rails I believe and possibly a different stock.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH

I've never shot a rifle before other than my shotguns and never even thought about owning one. Sell me on it.
Steve, the Sig 556, along with many other guns, will almost certainly be permanently banned in the near future. If you think that you might want to own something like this at some point, now is the time.

Another fun gun that you should check out is the MSAR STG 556. It is based on the famous Steyr Aug, but it's new and improved. I put some rounds through one this past weekend and it was a ton of fun.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Here's mine...

Attached Images  

Last edited by stuka; 11-30-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Very nice Andy! Can't wait t pick mine up. Did you see the Barrett there today?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Ara
Very nice Andy! Can't wait t pick mine up. Did you see the Barrett there today?
Nope.

POF 415 was gone.

They have the HK 91 clone.

Two Sig's that I posted.

No ammo worth anything.

The rest are the Stag's and other non piston AR's.

The Noveske, I was wrong. It's a Noveske upper, not an actual Noveske 762 rifle.

EDIT: I know the sight position is wrong, in my haste to take the picture, I forgot to properly position it and secure it...

Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, I love the Sig 556, but you can get something as nice for much less money, and without the bs bullet button issues.

A friend just picked up a CA legal AK-47. It's a Saiga Russian made rifle with a complete synthetic stock. He got the 7.62 version because he also has a SKS (they use the same round). The gun out the door was $500.00. What's cool about it, is that you use regular clips as opposed to the fixed mags with the AR's and Sig 556's.

IMO, its a much better value since nobody has any real use for these weapons, other than to shoot a few rounds here and there.

Steve, if you are interested, shoot me a PM and i'll get you the details for the dealer who sells them.

Quick Reply: FYI... Sig 556 Holo and 556 SWAT available in LA