Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Pocket guns?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If you can get your hands on one, get a Seecamp .32. Super reliable (though only with Silvertips), tiny, double action (so very safe in the pocket). When we used to sell them, they were backordered like 2-3 years. Looking for pics now...

Here you go:

Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
If you can get your hands on one, get a Seecamp .32.
Ahh, great suggestion. I forgot about the Seecamp! They now make a .380, too.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Darnell, I think the Seecamp or Rohrbaugh are probably better options, but Magnum Research has a new pocket gun called the Micro Eagle. I think it comes in .32 or .380.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Darnell I was thinking about this thread today and decided I needed something smaller than my Kimber .45 CDP II so I stopped by the store. Bad Idea. Anyways I looked at all the stuff we talked about in this thread PM9, Rohrbaugh, Seecamp ect and I went a different direction. Pretty much everyone I talked to hesitated when I asked if it was worth carrying a .38 or a .32 for anything other than a backup. I wanted stopping power but at the same time I needed something small. Make a long story short I wound up looking at revolvers. I just bought a S&W .357 with a 2" barrel and man is it light and easy to carry. It has a 7lbs trigger so it wont go off unless you want it to. It has 5 round capacity which is basically 1 to 2 less then your average semi-auto pocket pistol. The big difference is obviously you are sending .357 hollowpoints at the target not little 9mm or .38. I would definitely go look at some revolvers they are so much lighter and easier to carry. I also got one with an internal hammer so it doesn't snag. I can put this thing in the front pocket of my jeans no prob, and I wear tight fitting true religions ect so that's saying something. I would compare it to carrying my blackberry.

let us know what you end up with, or what you already got

Old 12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
How is the PPK .380? Is it a good option, or better left for Bond to carry?
My father has one and I would not recommend.

It is pretty, and it functions as it should... But I do not like the standard sights and the recoil seems excessive for the weight of the pistol. I believe the back strap is too thin and makes the recoil uncomfortable when at the range shooting several boxes of ammo.

Wilson

Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
P.S. Rohrbaugh are made to shoot 150 rounds total lol. I have talked to a few people who have had numerous issues with their R9s and they said the owner actually calls the gun shop and says this. The tolerances are so low on that gun for 9mm that it really can't take a beating. Spending a G on a gun you can't practice with seemed stupid to me.

Just an FYI

Old 01-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have a pocket holster for my S&W 640; I love it. People can't tell that your armed which is what I prefer in public.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
I am hearing good things about the Ruger LCP which comes in .380. They seem to be pretty hard to come by right now which I take as a good sign.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Bersa makes a great .380... looks just like a ppk but has a few safety additions; great for cc and the ammo is pretty cheap. the barrel is fixed to the lower receiver so it is quite an accurate pistol.