Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Sig 556 Holo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Sig 556 Holo

What do you guys think?

Is this on par with LWRC or POF? Or should I stick with LWRC since POF 223 rifles are listed by CA DOJ, so I can't get them here even with the retarded mods.

Show Product Details

Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks sick. Is there a link to the list you are referring to? I'd like to buy a rifle for the angeles forest range. I'm getting bored with pistols and skeet shooting.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, absolutely. It is just a bit heavier, and the weight is distributed a little strange; but once used to it, this thing rocks.

And yes, it is on par with LWRC and POF.

Go to Vegas, straw sale while you still can...

Old 11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Looks sick. Is there a link to the list you are referring to? I'd like to buy a rifle for the angeles forest range. I'm getting bored with pistols and skeet shooting.
It's really annoying.

The DOJ list of banned rifles keeps changing. But all you have to do is find the one you want, make sure they are game to install a 10 round mag and a bullet button, then call your local FFL and have the rifle shipped there.

I know, easy as pie right?

Or you can have your out of state relatives buy it and give it to you as a gift.

Then, you can convert it to CA legal spec and bring it home on a plane via a locked rifle case.

CA is the 2nd amendment haters paradise.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Yes, absolutely. It is just a bit heavier, and the weight is distributed a little strange; but once used to it, this thing rocks.

And yes, it is on par with LWRC and POF.

Go to Vegas, straw sale while you still can...
CADOJ have spies at Vegas gun stores and will write down any CA car license plate, then have you pull over at state line.

The liberals take their anti 2nd amendment work very seriously in CA.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
The Sig is pretty nice for the money if you buy it right. Personally, I am not a fan of the added weight of the rifle, and the trigger is a bit sloppy. It does not use an AR style trigger, so I am not sure if other options are available for it. If you can get one for 1200-1400, I would say it is a decent buy for what it is.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Josh
The Sig is pretty nice for the money if you buy it right. Personally, I am not a fan of the added weight of the rifle, and the trigger is a bit sloppy. It does not use an AR style trigger, so I am not sure if other options are available for it. If you can get one for 1200-1400, I would say it is a decent buy for what it is.
The problem is me being in CA, so either I have to have a relative buy it and give it to me, then I convert it to CA legal style and bring it back, or I have to find an out of state dealer willing to deal with CA.

Most dealers don't want to deal with CA, can't blame them, but it makes it a pain in the ass for me to track down rifles and buy them, then get them in.

If anyone know of a dealer willing to deal with CA that can ship a CA legal config of LWRC M6A2 to my FFL in LA, please let me know.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking at that exact rifle here in Va now. I put my hands on one today. One gun shop is selling them for $1450, but he doesn't have any on the shelf right now. Another gun store has two, he wants $2100 with my LEO discount. If I can find one in the 1200-1400 range, SOLD.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I'm looking at that exact rifle here in Va now. I put my hands on one today. One gun shop is selling them for $1450, but he doesn't have any on the shelf right now. Another gun store has two, he wants $2100 with my LEO discount. If I can find one in the 1200-1400 range, SOLD.
Anything short of a mini gun will be light weight for your big ass... Get one...

Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I still need a rifle ASAP... That looks good. The old SIG 552s were awesome - built like a Rolls-Royce and just as pricey.

Quick Reply: Sig 556 Holo