Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

New rifle input

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011 | 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
I have to say, I hate all of you that can buy these while us here in Commifornia are stuck with bows and rubber tipped arrows for our safety....

But oh good lord that weapon ^ is one sexy bitch!

Old 02-02-2011 | 10:49 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
You can buy it in commiefornia, you just need to use a 10 rounder and put a bullet button on it.

Old 02-02-2011 | 11:53 PM
|
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this is an old thread... Here's what I ended up with (for those that don't know):

Old 02-03-2011 | 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
You can buy it in commiefornia, you just need to use a 10 rounder and put a bullet button on it.

Isnt that a SBR? 10.5?

Old 02-03-2011 | 02:15 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
Isnt that a SBR? 10.5?
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the HK with the regular 16" barrel.

BTW, I have to do some more research, but I think the Sig 556 pistol, once bullet buttoned and 10 round mag'ed, is legal to own in CA.

That would be pretty sweet.

I was going to buy one and keep it out of commiefornia.

Old 02-03-2011 | 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Wow this is an old thread... Here's what I ended up with (for those that don't know):
Did you decide not to make it a SBR?

Old 02-03-2011 | 10:17 AM
|
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Did you decide not to make it a SBR?
The SCAR is a finicky beast. You can't just chop the barrel since each gas block is tuned to each barrel. So I have to find an OEM SCAR-L barrel in the length I want (10"). Good luck there... fortunately for me, I may have found a source, but it'll be about $1K. If I can get one, I'll do the suppressor stamp as well. This is what I want to end up with (maybe with a matching ACOG instead):

Old 02-03-2011 | 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^Man, I just am not a fan of that butt stock. I much prefer the M4 collapsable look. Just sayin...

Like the suppressor idea though, bet those are a blast to shoot.

Old 02-03-2011 | 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by stuka
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the HK with the regular 16" barrel.

BTW, I have to do some more research, but I think the Sig 556 pistol, once bullet buttoned and 10 round mag'ed, is legal to own in CA.

That would be pretty sweet.

I was going to buy one and keep it out of commiefornia.
I saw it listed as a handgun, so i would imagine its ok?

Be even better to put a folding stock on it....

Last edited by Curvejunkie; 02-03-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2011 | 11:12 AM
|
Watch this space.
The SCAR certainly looks odd (I wasn't a fan of the looks), but it feels RIGHT. That stock has an adjustable comb, so you can pop it up if you're using a scope (or ACOG). It folds to the right, so the overall length is shorter than an equivalent M4, plus the locking hardware is all metal (the hinge and lock), so it's very robust. I still wouldn't go around bashing dudes in the face with it, but even if I did and it broke, it'd still function, unlike an M4.

Quick Reply: New rifle input