Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

General Question

Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
flow is an unknown quantity at this point
General Question

Hello,

So, first post on here so go easy.

I went to view the Gumball 3000 last night in London, and started to wonder a few things...

Now, i've always been interested in cars/supercars and am wondering how you go about buying one? (i know its not as easy as that)

I'm 22 and come from a fairly privileged background where money isn't really an issue (obviously it's family money rather than my own)

Now is it a case of just working working working to be able to save up and afford one? I struggle to see how it's possible with houses and bills etc when you're young. But you see so many fairly young people with them now.

Interested to see how you lot started the journey to owning one and any tips you have to make it possible!!

Old 06-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
Hmmm odd question but i will try to answer it the best i can: first off, don't bother "saving" - truly successful business people are more focused on investing and wealth creation which is what i do (i work in venture capital).

Since you are 22, all i can say is good luck, especially considering the fact that you live in England where the prospects for youth is grim. So unless you work in the tech industry and create a startup that takes off i.e Nick D'Alosio who sold Summly to Yahoo, your chances of obtaining enough wealth to buy a supercar is quite low.

As someone in their late twenties who grew up poor and had a tough few years, it's not easy to get to the top. You really have to hustle and be creative. My only piece of advice is to just follow your passion and see if you can make a business out of it. You would be surprised at how profitable it can be.