Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Breaking news: Guinness withdraws world speed record from Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013 | 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
While it's brutal, I have to agree with MrV. The Venom GT is extremely impressive, I don't think it deserves to be in a class with Koenigseggs Zondas, and Bugattis.

Old 04-07-2013 | 02:39 PM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TheStigSC
While it's brutal, I have to agree with MrV. The Venom GT is extremely impressive, I don't think it deserves to be in a class with Koenigseggs Zondas, and Bugattis.
well one of the main reasons why it should be more classed as a modified car is the fact that you will just buy a loud, uncomfy dragster. I mean does it even corner well?

Old 04-07-2013 | 04:07 PM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
EVO Magazine Venom GT review:

Hennessey Venom GT review

Old 04-07-2013 | 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by John Hennessey
EVO Magazine Venom GT review:

Hennessey Venom GT review
Man of many words.

All that article did was confirm my beliefs. A short-vague paragraph that seemed to confirm my belief that it doesn't compare to the others in handling and its at the "top of the tree" as far as straight line acceleration goes. But if we were to put it in the same class as the others, it would be the same as putting my Mustang in the same class as a Ferrari 360 just because I beat it in a straight line. Or putting a GT500 and a Porsche in the same class because they have the same top speed.

Old 04-07-2013 | 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TheStigSC
Man of many words.

All that article did was confirm my beliefs. A short-vague paragraph that seemed to confirm my belief that it doesn't compare to the others in handling and its at the "top of the tree" as far as straight line acceleration goes. But if we were to put it in the same class as the others, it would be the same as putting my Mustang in the same class as a Ferrari 360 just because I beat it in a straight line. Or putting a GT500 and a Porsche in the same class because they have the same top speed.
This

Old 04-08-2013 | 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's look at all of this from another angle. Guiness is coming out now saying basically that they weren't aware the Super Sport's limiter had been disabled, which is more than a little amusing since the entire rest of the world knew this nearly three year ago. I always thought it was kind of hokey the way they did it, saying it went 267, but the one they'll sell will only go 258. As elegantly pointed out by Mahzari in another thread, that speed was just enough to claim the record.

And as far as the Venom GT, why wouldn't Mr. Hennessey think he had the world's fastest production car? Guiness already told him he had the world's quickest accelerating production car!

What occurs to me is that while Guiness might be the world's authority on plate spinning and hot dog eating, their automotive department apparently suffers from a dearth of knowledgeable researchers. They've created this mess and look a bit silly now, and the casual observers are as confused as ever.

Old 04-08-2013 | 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
If Guiness says that a non-production car such as the Venom GT can hold world records, the 0-300kph record is legit. But the top speed test was only done once in one direction, so as per Guiness rules requiring two runs in opposite direction, the record does not qualify. If it somehow does and I see the Venom GT as the fastest car in the world, I will burn Guiness to the ground.

Old 04-08-2013 | 12:16 PM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Will_CA
If Guiness says that a non-production car such as the Venom GT can hold world records, the 0-300kph record is legit. But the top speed test was only done once in one direction, so as per Guiness rules requiring two runs in opposite direction, the record does not qualify. If it somehow does and I see the Venom GT as the fastest car in the world, I will burn Guiness to the ground.
I have talked things over with John via PM. And he and i agree to disagree about the production part.
But i tought the venom did 2 runs, one at each direction? now im even more confused

Old 04-08-2013 | 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrV
I have talked things over with John via PM. And he and i agree to disagree about the production part.
But i tought the venom did 2 runs, one at each direction? now im even more confused
As far as I am aware it only did 1 run in one direction, where it hit 265.7mph. They never showed any back-to-back runs or average speed over both runs in different directions. The guy missed a shift in the 265.7mph video, leading me to believe they literally did one run and that was it. Maybe John could enlighten us as to exactly what happened? I'm stuck speculating.

Old 04-08-2013 | 12:29 PM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Will_CA
As far as I am aware it only did 1 run in one direction, where it hit 265.7mph. They never showed any back-to-back runs or average speed over both runs in different directions. The guy missed a shift in the 265.7mph video, leading me to believe they literally did one run and that was it. Maybe John could enlighten us as to exactly what happened? I'm stuck speculating.
Well we just have to sit and wait for a anwser then.
Because if this is true the run is not legit. But lets hear from the man himself or anyone else knowing more about this

Quick Reply: Breaking news: Guinness withdraws world speed record from Bugatti Veyron