Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
petrolhead535 is an unknown quantity at this point
Matt,

I have just spent a very enjoyable hour reading the whole thread. As others have stated before, you have done a superb job in stating your case in an informed and balanced manner.

I believe the kind of investigative journalism that you have put on display here will ultimately provide all of us enthusiasts with more of a level playing field than we otherwise would have.

My hope is that leading car magazines (such as Evo in the U.K.) will subject any car that is sourced directly from a manufacturer to stringent checks for compliance with its (published) standard spec. It is interesting to note that Sport Auto, the German car magazine, has been gradually expanding the scope of its checks of cars included in its well-known Supertest, including a rolling road test and suspension settings (e.g., camber, castor).

Once again, thanks for a fantastic effort!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you sir!

As you say, hopefully there will be a bit more due diligence done by those conducting such tests in the future, so that the tests represent what they are intended to represent.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Location: Linköping, home of the Gripen Fighter and approx 230 miles from Koenigsegg HQ
Skytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant future
Koenigsegg believe that the Agera R has more than the measure of the new toys at Geneva
– LaFerrari and McLaren P1 and that Pagani’s Huayra lap record at Top Gear was a farce

The 2013 Geneva Motor Show has been a Hypercar Fest, with the stars of the show being the McLaren P1, the Ferrari LaFerrari and, perhaps, the Lamborghini Veneno.

But a car that was also at Geneva was the Koenigsegg Hundra, Koenigsegg’s one-off special to celebrate 100 Koenigseggs built since Christian von Koenigsegg started bolted his immense supercars together in a shed in Sweden a decade ago.

So we thought it would be interesting to chat to Koenigsegg people – including Koenigsegg’s UK dealer Supervettura – and get their thoughts on the new batch of supercars that could perhaps take some gloss off the offerings from Koenigsegg. But there’s no doubt in the minds of Koenigsegg that the Agera R (and Agera S) have more to offer than any of the new supercars at Geneva.

The McLaren P1 was by far the favourite car of the Koenigsegg team at Geneva; the P1 appealed to their own thorough engineering solutions where integrity plays a superior role to ‘flash’, and it found more favour than LaFerrari.

That was also down to the daft name; Koenigsegg found the same as we did – every Ferrari favourite we spoke to, who we knew would be on the list for the new Enzo, referred to it as either the F70 or F150 (or new Enzo). Not a single one referred to it as ‘LaFerrari’. Perhaps that, more than anything, shows it was a silly name choice.

But when it comes to the things that matter, Koenigsegg are quick to point out that both the P1 and LaFerrari have less power than the Agera R, weigh more and have a far lower top speed. Koenigsegg are in no doubt that the Agera R is the better car, especially with its new carbon wheels, gearbox and software on the 2013 model.

Interestingly – especially after Ron Dennis said he put the P1 round Dunsfold 10 seconds quicker than any other road car – Koenigsegg find it highly amusing that the Pagani Huayra had to resort to hand-cut slicks to set its Top Gear lap time.

They have no doubt the Agera R will go round Dunsfold quicker than the Huayra – and on standard road tyres (we’ll get the chance to find out very soon as the Agera R is due to go to Dunsfold soon to take on the Top Gear track). Not only that, but they reckon that even the CCX would also beat the Huayra round Dunsfold on the same hand-cut slicks .

And that will be just part of what Koenigsegg will do in 2013 to show that the Agera R is the superior car, although we’re sworn to secrecy – for now.

Source: carsuk.net

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^hah funneh article..

Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Skytech
Koenigsegg believe that the Agera R has more than the measure of the new toys at Geneva
– LaFerrari and McLaren P1 and that Pagani’s Huayra lap record at Top Gear was a farce

They have no doubt the Agera R will go round Dunsfold quicker than the Huayra – and on standard road tyres (we’ll get the chance to find out very soon as the Agera R is due to go to Dunsfold soon to take on the Top Gear track). Not only that, but they reckon that even the CCX would also beat the Huayra round Dunsfold on the same hand-cut slicks .

Well with over 400hp and 200nm of torque more than the Huayra, it sure as hell better be faster or someone is going to have egg on his face.

I suspect it’s going to be a lot closer than they think

Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah i mean they boast about it being lighter and more powerful than even the Lafer and P1..so they better show some performance to eclipse those 2 as well.. otherwise those extra pony's are of no use.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
Well what would have the Huayra run without slicks? I think about 1:15.5 1:17.5 right? Being that the CCX ran 1:17.6 on crappy Michelin PS2s I definitely think the Agera R will be marginally faster.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor
Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Skytech

The 2013 Geneva Motor Show has been a Hypercar Fest, with the stars of the show being the McLaren P1, the Ferrari LaFerrari and, perhaps, the Lamborghini Veneno.

But a car that was also at Geneva was the Koenigsegg Hundra, Koenigsegg’s one-off special to celebrate 100 Koenigseggs built since Christian von Koenigsegg started bolted his immense supercars together in a shed in Sweden a decade ago.

So we thought it would be interesting to chat to Koenigsegg people – including Koenigsegg’s UK dealer Supervettura – and get their thoughts on the new batch of supercars that could perhaps take some gloss off the offerings from Koenigsegg. But there’s no doubt in the minds of Koenigsegg that the Agera R (and Agera S) have more to offer than any of the new supercars at Geneva.

The McLaren P1 was by far the favourite car of the Koenigsegg team at Geneva; the P1 appealed to their own thorough engineering solutions where integrity plays a superior role to ‘flash’, and it found more favour than LaFerrari.

That was also down to the daft name; Koenigsegg found the same as we did – every Ferrari favourite we spoke to, who we knew would be on the list for the new Enzo, referred to it as either the F70 or F150 (or new Enzo). Not a single one referred to it as ‘LaFerrari’. Perhaps that, more than anything, shows it was a silly name choice.

But when it comes to the things that matter, Koenigsegg are quick to point out that both the P1 and LaFerrari have less power than the Agera R, weigh more and have a far lower top speed. Koenigsegg are in no doubt that the Agera R is the better car, especially with its new carbon wheels, gearbox and software on the 2013 model.

Interestingly – especially after Ron Dennis said he put the P1 round Dunsfold 10 seconds quicker than any other road car – Koenigsegg find it highly amusing that the Pagani Huayra had to resort to hand-cut slicks to set its Top Gear lap time.

And that will be just part of what Koenigsegg will do in 2013 to show that the Agera R is the superior car, although we’re sworn to secrecy – for now.

A friend tipped me on this post, i i think i should clarify a bit. For the record, all quotes in this interview was from Supervettura, which is the official Koenigsegg dealer in the UK. Easy to mix up. They are of course entitled to share their personal/professional opinion without us getting in the way of that. The typical Scandinavian way of doing things is to just do it first and talk about it later,not the opposite, which will be the case regarding all kinds of future records as well. We have huge respect for Pagani, and personally I'm a big fan of their cars and have been since the start

Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I knew it wasn't official it would be very un Swedish

Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Thanks for coming on here and correcting that statement. I too was a little surprised when I read the above comments as it seemed out of character.

So will you be putting the car up for a TG test this year?

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)