Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Koenigsegg Joins Teamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Talk about beating a dead horse. Where's the popcorn?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
elhimmel is a f****** b****.

Look at his bullshit contributions to TS, he only responds in matters that has to do with Ksegg, other than that he is worth shit around here.

And rockstar is perhaps even a bigger POS, runs around and asks for people to put up material for his viewing pleasure, while he is busy d*** riding Ksegg.

I just stated that the picture posted does NOT look like transport damage, and these 2 start off on a whole chapter on Mclaren, peloton, me and Pagani and whatever else crawled up their vaginas that day.

Eat a d*** and f*** off please.

PS
For what its worth, i think the owner has been compensated in a manner that is correct.
Like Matt said, its the Human factor, problems are bound to happen.
But Ksegg came through, he got his money back, he was also offered several solutions, so Ksegg are not to blame. ( other than for the fact that it should not have passed their quality check)
Nor is the owner to blame, as he had to wait for a year to get his cash back, and the back and forth communications and the disappointment when your expect everything to be spot on. It gives you a bad taste.
So its up to him to cancel the order.And he was allowed to.
So end of story.
I don't think Ksegg will have any issues offloading that Baby to any other willing billionaire.

PPS
If that paint issue was caused by transport or heat, ile happily donate my left nutt to charity.
That's nothing more or less than a crap ass paint job!

Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elhimiel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by mattjs33
Besides which, what is the point in arguing what is the reason for the paint bubbling?
Who is arguing? You said.

"Grease or in particular silicone residue WILL cause paint to lift in this manner. It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that heat of any natural temperature you will find on earth would cause paint bubbling."

And then I told you it didn't and provided you with the correct information. What's the hold up?

So as your impressive Googling skills have shown, heat would cause bubbling, provided moisture was present where it shouldn't be. But I am still techincally correct; if the paint were applied correctly, heat alone would not cause bubbling.
Yes, but this is what I said.

"Paint occasionally blisters, duh. Could be from transporting it with fresh paint from cold to hot climate or it could be moisture that got trapped from wet sanding or improper curing. Could even be from someone who got his dirty finger prints all over it during transport and decided to fix the problem with a rag and a solvent. If it was that guys own paint it could have been too old. Why are you even speculating when you have no way of knowing???"

So again what's the hold up? I agree.

I think you would agree that regardless of the source or whether you or I are correct in identifying it, it shouldn't have been there.
Hell no it shouldn't have been there. But this is where a lot of factors sometimes means that it will anyway. It is one of those intangibles that sometimes happens. Like I said it could have been something as simple as someone using a rag with some solvent on it. Or if it was shipped by boat, someone throwing a cover on it that could not breathe. We don't know.

Could even be a number of things in paint. Some moisture in the compressor, too fast thinner or hardener, wrong temperature in the drying area, some moisture from wet-sanding, old paint, improper curing, a blot of paint that didn't mix properly so it cured unevenly locally.

I strongly question any company could prevent it a 100% guaranteed or that von Koenigsegg as suggested is counting money and everything else implied. That's just dumb. And you're flaming the fire somewhat by suggesting it could have been prevented a 100% guaranteed by not touching the panel with your greasy fingers or whatever. I understand you are trying to be a objective arbitror but you are wrong and misdirected.

Originally Posted by streetrod454
Peloton, if you have searched any thread concerning Koenigsegg invariable you will have come across our two protagonists here. You will also have seen that I have been involved in a number of run-ins with these two guys as well. At the end of the day any reasonable conversation is impossible with these two on the subject of Eggs so I have just given up.

But to the subject of paint, I feel qualified to speak on this subject having sprayed a number of show winning cars over the last 25+ years. The bubbles in those photos could have been caused by a number of factors.

Judging by the position and the fact the car is carbon fibre I suspect an air bubble may have been trapped in the surface layer of the carbon fibre during layup. These can be easily missed. Once the paint is applied you would have no idea you had a problem, until the first time you roll the car out on a sunny day.

Now as this car is white again you may not notice an issue as the white paint will reflect the heat. But if left out side long enough on a hot day the car will eventually get hot enough to expand the air in the bubble which in turn will lift the paint as shown in the photos. It’s not an uncommon problem, I have seen similar on a number of cars I have painted.

The solution is to grind the paint down, then grind out the bubble in the CF, fill the hole and repaint.
I would say something about the Three Stooges and how we have all our obnoxious fanboys gathered now

but that is a great post and a not at all unlikely scenario! The first decent thought on the subject so far even if it is from you. I will gladly take the beating and tip my hat when you write posts like these.

A few thoughts for Peloton.

The layup on those panels are done by GE Aviation/Smiths Aerospace. There is a lot of cross breeding between them and McLaren Automotive and they have done a few cars for them like F1 cars and McLaren-Mercedes SLR. Their former vp operations Richard Sutton was operating director at McLaren. I could find more ties but this gives you an idea.

So given that the scenario laid out by Streetrod is accurate, this could have just as easily happened to McLaren on any of their cars that passed through GE Aviation.

Sometimes it's best to not be so quick to judge.

Originally Posted by La Artist
Look at his bullshit contributions to TS, he only responds in matters that has to do with Ksegg, other than that he is worth shit around here.
I have like 35 post genius. I would say about 50-60% of those are Koenigsegg and only because I've had a few heated debates with you fools.

Now how many thousands of your 2500 posts are Pagani related?

Right then, shut the f--- up.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^Sure as hell ain't 50-60%

take your 35 posts and f*** off somewhere where we won't have to read your shit

EDIT:
https://teamspeed.com/forums/search....archid=5095260

Look at this shit, ONLY KSEGG and then a couple of posts bashing Pagani.

So please check yourself before you come around here claiming that me or Peloton are Mclaren/Pagani Dorks..

Self perception= JACK SHIT!

Last edited by La Artist; 05-29-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ok guys, please enough with the mud-slinging at each other. Let's get back to why we are all here and thats to discuss and enjoy the cars we love so.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Former Sponsor
Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond repute
We had hoped this situation and discussion was behind us. But when we are called liars we feel it is important to put the record straight.

What I wrote in my post on L****P, that seemingly sparked this whole controversy, and which is why some people call us liars, was because I wrote "as far as we are aware , the client liked driving the Artico"

As you all know by now, the customers experience with the Artico was extremeley breif and it is the only experience he has ever had with a Koenigsegg. Christian was with him all the time explaining the car, what was ready and what was not ready. At the time customer told Christian that he liked driving the car, even tough it was not fully finnished. He said it felt unlike any car he had driven but as first impression he liked it.

Since then we have not in written or verbal form heard anything else from the customer, when it came to him liking the actual car or not, until my post.

Of course we knew he was furious of the delay, but that should not be mixed up with how he reacted to driving the car. Later when the customer went balistic on the forums after my post, it was very clear to us that either he changed his mind, not informing us, or he was not straight whith us when he orginally drove the car and said he liked it. None of the above makes us liars. I hope this is clear. If the client now says he never said he liked driving the car, then I guess it is his word against Christians.

When it comes to the paint issue. It was for sure not present when the car left the factory, whatever some people here believe. We spend 3-5000 Hours building a car, and a big problem like this would never ever even get to the PDI before noticed. The problem was not in the carbon, but in the basecoat as someone here pointed out. As soon as we saw it at Pebble Beach we arrange to fix it, which we did shortly after Pebble Beach. Apart from this limited area the paint quality looked fantastic, as I am sure can be seen on many pictures from the event. We take great pride in our industry leading paint finishes and would never, ever accept something like this leave the factory.

Yes we were late delivering the car according to the original very tight schedule, we appologize for this. Were we extremly late? No, definitely not considering the many changes and additions to the specificaiton made during the production of the car. As previously stated agreed to returned his payment more or less exactly a year after he decided to order the car. It is normal to wait much longer that this for similar cars.

Still the lateness made the customer unhappy. Did we build a substandard product? No. Not after the paint was again up to correct standard. From our perspective the car is is worth every penny and we stand firm by it.

When the customer did not want to wait -What did we do? We made the customer whole, by giving the customer what he asked for - his money back with a bonus.

I can tell you no other car company would have done that. The 918 is much more delayed than we were, so is Pagani, so was Bugatti once upon a time. None of them would give the money back with a bonus, because the customer does not want to wait any longer. But we did. Why did we give a bonus? Because the customer wrote if we did not give him this, he would be very unhappy and make sure we never sold a car in the US again. Apart from this we all know the customer controls or at least controlled some semi influential internet media channels, so we had to take this threath seriously. That is why. The customer asked us what we thought he should say if he was asked why he does not have the Artico. We told him that from our perspeective he can say that he got an offer that he could not refuse. We still believe this to be the case.....

I would say in retrospect the bonus money would have been spent better elsewhere, as the customer decided to go ballistic regardless, based on my comment that he liked driving the car. A comment I thought was true and utterly harmless. What sparked my reaction in the first place was a string on posts by the client on *** posted in a period of 2 weeks before our reaction, posts that no longer exists on the forum, so it might look like we were over reacting based on a simple comment, but that was not the case. I felt that we had to react since there was to much discussions going on that wasn't fair towards us.

Finally, as the car was never paid in full in time, we were not even officially late with the delivery....

I think the discussion has become what we call in Swedish/Norwegian "a storm in glass of water".

jens

Old 05-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
[My off-topic opinion]

What I admire of Koenigsegg is that passion to find a solution and satisfy the customer literally at all cost and as soon as possible.

My respects for this amazing company.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup
We had hoped this situation and discussion was behind us. But when we are called liars we feel it is important to put the record straight.

What I wrote in my post on ***, that seemingly sparked this whole controversy, and which is why some people call us liars, was because I wrote "as far as we are aware , the client liked driving the Artico"

As you all know by now, the customers experience with the Artico was extremeley breif and it is the only experience he has ever had with a Koenigsegg. Christian was with him all the time explaining the car, what was ready and what was not ready. At the time customer told Christian that he liked driving the car, even tough it was not fully finnished. He said it felt unlike any car he had driven but as first impression he liked it.

Since then we have not in written or verbal form heard anything else from the customer, when it came to him liking the actual car or not, until my post.

Of course we knew he was furious of the delay, but that should not be mixed up with how he reacted to driving the car. Later when the customer went balistic on the forums after my post, it was very clear to us that either he changed his mind, not informing us, or he was not straight whith us when he orginally drove the car and said he liked it. None of the above makes us liars. I hope this is clear. If the client now says he never said he liked driving the car, then I guess it is his word against Christians.

When it comes to the paint issue. It was for sure not present when the car left the factory, whatever some people here believe. We spend 3-5000 Hours building a car, and a big problem like this would never ever even get to the PDI before noticed. The problem was not in the carbon, but in the basecoat as someone here pointed out. As soon as we saw it at Pebble Beach we arrange to fix it, which we did shortly after Pebble Beach. Apart from this limited area the paint quality looked fantastic, as I am sure can be seen on many pictures from the event. We take great pride in our industry leading paint finishes and would never, ever accept something like this leave the factory.

Yes we were late delivering the car according to the original very tight schedule, we appologize for this. Were we extremly late? No, definitely not considering the many changes and additions to the specificaiton made during the production of the car. As previously stated agreed to returned his payment more or less exactly a year after he decided to order the car. It is normal to wait much longer that this for similar cars.

Still the lateness made the customer unhappy. Did we build a substandard product? No. Not after the paint was again up to correct standard. From our perspective the car is is worth every penny and we stand firm by it.

When the customer did not want to wait -What did we do? We made the customer whole, by giving the customer what he asked for - his money back with a bonus.

I can tell you no other car company would have done that. The 918 is much more delayed than we were, so is Pagani, so was Bugatti once upon a time. None of them would give the money back with a bonus, because the customer does not want to wait any longer. But we did. Why did we give a bonus? Because the customer wrote if we did not give him this, he would be very unhappy and make sure we never sold a car in the US again. Apart from this we all know the customer controls or at least controlled some semi influential internet media channels, so we had to take this threath seriously. That is why. The customer asked us what we thought he should say if he was asked why he does not have the Artico. We told him that from our perspeective he can say that he got an offer that he could not refuse. We still believe this to be the case.....

I would say in retrospect the bonus money would have been spent better elsewhere, as the customer decided to go ballistic regardless, based on my comment that he liked driving the car. A comment I thought was true and utterly harmless. What sparked my reaction in the first place was a string on posts by the client on *** posted in a period of 2 weeks before our reaction, posts that no longer exists on the forum, so it might look like we were over reacting based on a simple comment, but that was not the case. I felt that we had to react since there was to much discussions going on that wasn't fair towards us.

Finally, as the car was never paid in full in time, we were not even officially late with the delivery....

I think the discussion has become what we call in Swedish/Norwegian "a storm in glass of water".

jens
Well stated. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Personally I have more respect for companies like Pagani and Koenigsegg as that take the time to listen to their customers feed back, unlike say Dodge or Toyota that pretty much builds the cars to fill the CEO's pockets.

Now if only I could afford their works of art.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Ksegg on this one. I'm not fully versed on the issue because I can't stand the premadonna's on "elle4pee" but I know enough to know that guy is a douche. Sounds like he had sand stuffed somewhere unpleasant and wanted to sound " baller" by bashing a top car.

With smaller in house cars "quirks" are part of the fun. Same exact thing everyone says about Ferrari. Same thing everyone had to stomach with the MP4 and iris debacle. It's a quirk. Ksegg seems to put everything out front and join forums for ****s sake. Pretty cool to me.

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg Joins Teamspeed