Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dima Alexanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everybody. I´m new to this board and want to share some interesting news.
Yesterday, i had the pleasure to talk with the COE of AVL Schrick. They produce components for the W16 engine, build the engine and tests them in their facility. At the factory visit i saw a ready to ship W16 and the prototype of a 1500hp engine at the dyno. It was the W16 with bigger turbo chargers. The CEO told me that the rumours are true and that the engine is already under development. The prototype might be ready till christmas. Further the car could be named "chiron".

Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dima Alexanders
Yesterday, i had the pleasure to talk with the COE of AVL Schrick. They produce components for the W16 engine, build the engine and tests them in their facility. At the factory visit i saw a ready to ship W16 and the prototype of a 1500hp engine at the dyno. It was the W16 with bigger turbo chargers. The CEO told me that the rumours are true and that the engine is already under development. The prototype might be ready till christmas. Further the car could be named "chiron".
Also appears to have already been confirmed by that wealthy asian man with the obsession for matte white cars. But thats very interesting about the name - thanks for sharing.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Great news i think we are gonna see a new model from Bugatti. Cannot wait to see the new goodies!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kelsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Great work milano! hope they take in account some cues from your render.
that render is actually a Veyron I LIKE! those round taillights are really really out dated

Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by kelsa
that render is actually a Veyron I LIKE! those round taillights are really really out dated
I agree. But maybe just a new layout of the round taillights would be helpful.

I also was sceptical about the new name. Wasn´t the concept car "chiron" more a grand turismo than a sports car? Now a 1500hp GT would be absolutly rediculous. But i really like the design of the concept.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
By the way. The CEO told me that they stop to work on the engine for the "Galibier"...

Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kelsa is an unknown quantity at this point
By the way. The CEO told me that they stop to work on the engine for the "Galibier"...
you know the CEO? wow

Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Post 1,600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron Arrives Next Year

1,600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron Arrives Next Year

New information has been released regarding the new 1,600hp Bugatti Veyron, which will be the world’s fastest supercar when it arrives next year and is released at the 2013 IAA Motor Show. The renders released by 290mph Bugatti Veyron | Auto Express show how the all-new ‘super’ Veyron could look like. Chief vehicle engineer Jens Schulenburg told the British magazine;

We are working on the next super-sports car. The big challenge will be reducing weight – we are looking at some incredible technologies, such as wheels made entirely from carbon fiber. We’re considering hybrids, too.

The development and release of the Veyron Hyper Sport includes a lower weight of 250kg via the use of even more carbon fiber, more horsepower and an even more mind-boggling top speed of 288mph. Driven, as usual, by grandmaster Ferdinand Piech himself, the Ultra Bugatti gets a beefed up 8.0 liter (or 9.6 liter) engine that delivers 1,600hp.

The rumored acceleration time from 0-100km/h is 1.8 seconds, which would better the upcoming Ferrari Enzo replacement and the McLaren P1 hypercar. The secret to all this is a weight saving of almost 550 pounds over the Veyron Super Sport. At 3,527 pounds, the limited-edition Veyron for the super mad and the super rich achieves a power-to-weight ratio of one kg (2.2 pounds) per hp.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/11/15/1...ves-next-year/

Last edited by Tango; 11-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
So i was right about the hybridization and the weight, 250kgs, and the fact that its almost certain its a new model, not a Veyron. Now i understand why they stop the development in the Galibier engine.
Great news!!

Quick Reply: 1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!