Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Jethro Bovingdon finds out just how fast the Koenigsegg Agera R is

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Location: Linköping, home of the Gripen Fighter and approx 230 miles from Koenigsegg HQ
Skytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by The Artist
I stand firm that the agera falls short on several accounts compared to a huayra.

The only shortcoming one could have is that the Huayra is a complete new car in comparison with the Agera with is a clear evolution of the CCX.

Pagani for me = Superior details and design, art on wheels

Koenigsegg for me = Superior technology and innovation on wheels

Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
I always wonder what this innovation is? The doors? Or the tuned ford engine?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
I always wonder what this innovation is? The doors? Or the tuned ford engine?
The innovation is that it is Made In Sweden, not many cars are that anymore

Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axman
The innovation is that it is Made In Sweden, not many cars are that anymore
Haha fair enough! Yay Sweden

Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Location: Linköping, home of the Gripen Fighter and approx 230 miles from Koenigsegg HQ
Skytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant futureSkytech has a brilliant future
One could argue that the Hauyra doors are Mercedes gullwing doors, the engine is a simple tuned Mercedes engine, nothing exciting, innovating or new about that.

Dihedral synchrohelix actuated doors, Aircore technology, triplex rear suspension, ”rocket” catalytic converter, supercharger response system, variable geometry turbo system, single input shaft gearbox with a dual clutch system, Vortex Generating Rim spokes, dynamically controlled adaptive rear wing, inter metallic compound Gamma-Ti turbine, ghost light.

Last edited by Skytech; 11-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Skytech
One could argue that the Hauyra doors are Mercedes gullwing doors, the engine is a simple tuned Mercedes engine, nothing exciting, innovating or new about that.

Dihedral synchrohelix actuated doors, Aircore technology, triplex rear suspension, ”rocket” catalytic converter, supercharger response system, variable geometry turbo system, single input shaft gearbox with a dual clutch system, Vortex Generating Rim spokes, dynamically controlled adaptive rear wing, inter metallic compound Gamma-Ti turbine, ghost light.
thats to much guns for the kid.... He doesn't even understands it. Probably he will tell you that Koenigsegg copied everything from Pagani. Oh.... I'm sorry, inspired in...

Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Skytech

The engine is a bespoke unit by AMG for pagani does not feature on any other Mercedes car, ignorants believe that its the same engine as the 65 AMG cars.

like the rockstar said above im a fool..i do not understand those things you stated.

Please explain to me what a

Rocket, triplex and gamma ti is?

The rest is the door and suspension (which might have been done by someone else) which i can give them.

The ghost lights are a joke to call innovation, variable geometry turbos been done before, vortex generating rims ( huayra got those), dynamic rear wing has been done to.

PS
Does ksegg make their own gearboxes?

All of this innovation should transfer to the track as most of them are performance innovations, still the last time i checked the Zonda killed.

And somehow i feel that even though the Agera is alot more powerful than the Huayra it wont beat it on the ring.

time will tell as i said earlier

PPS
Not related to this but;

How come the Agera is already in its R mode when it was released 2011? Hell they released the R the same year?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
The engine is a bespoke unit by AMG for pagani does not feature on any other Mercedes car, ignorants believe that its the same engine as the 65 AMG cars.

like the rockstar said above im a fool..i do not understand those things you stated.

Please explain to me what a

Rocket, triplex and gamma ti is?

The rest is the door and suspension (which might have been done by someone else) which i can give them.

The ghost lights are a joke to call innovation, variable geometry turbos been done before, vortex generating rims ( huayra got those), dynamic rear wing has been done to.

PS
Does ksegg make their own gearboxes?

All of this innovation should transfer to the track as most of them are performance innovations, still the last time i checked the Zonda killed.

And somehow i feel that even though the Agera is alot more powerful than the Huayra it wont beat it on the ring.

time will tell as i said earlier

PPS
Not related to this but;

How come the Agera is already in its R mode when it was released 2011? Hell they released the R the same year?
The engine used in the Pagani is the M158, which is the exact same as the M270 used in the 65 series except it has smaller turbos, a reprogrammed ECU, a dry sump system and a better intercooler.

Feel free to research the rocket cat, triplex suspension and others if you really don't believe it, Christian talks about most of the technology in the Drive video.

The door system was designed entirely by Christian and suspension was in house developed as well.

And Koenigsegg designed the transmission, Cima built it. Makes business sense, as it would be too costly for a such as small company like Koenigsegg to have a full transmission department in house, Cima already makes incredible transmissions. Not to mention Koenigsegg has the first single input shaft dual clutch setup that they developed as well.

And besides the faulty 'Ring comparison test, name somewhere else where the Zonda has "killed" the Koenigsegg.

In response to your last question, why not? Koenigsegg wanted to provide an option for those who have access to E85 or want more power, E85 is widespread in parts of Europe, Latin America, and growing in the US. Not sure about China, but all Koenigsegg's that have gone there have been R's so I assume they have it. Their only "updated model" so far has been the S, which they released this year, and the aero/exhaust/ecu upgrades they made to all Agera's.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Nope it has new headers, pistons, intake manifolds plus what you said.
i rather have that engine as the base of a bespoke engine made by Mercedes with their 125 year expertise rather than a ford block tuned by a low volume manufacturer.

Ile research those when i have time.

I know about the door, its very cool.

Thnx for the info on the gearbox.

You call the N ring time faulty? well Sportauto tested the CCR not even the CCX and it got a time of 7:34 driven by horst von saurma, Now when driven in the so called bogus test it got 7:33.6.
Now are you calling sportauto bogus aswell?

And with the habit of Christian commenting on auctions and forum topics im sure he would put out a email full of excuses if it was in fact bogus.
I have not seen anything. ( i might have missed it though)

So the difference is only the E85 compatible engine ?
No other difference between the normal agera and the R?

PS
I also have a feeling that Pagani automobili do not present every innovation in the manner that Ksegg does.
An example is the wheel hub in one piece, designed by pagani and made by ASPA..or the transverse gearbox made according to Mr Paganis exact specifications by Xtrac. Pagani also used CIMA with the Zonda but now went to Xtrac which is arguably a way more exclusive and specialized in the art of making racing gearboxes, and add to that the fact that H.P said the price of each unit from Xtrac is the price he would have to pay AMG/Mercedes for a decent V8 engine.

Its just different approaches. Both can probably notch up enough so called innovations..and both do somethings in house which the other does not and vice versa.

At the end of the day though it still stands like this:

The resale value of Kseggs suck ass, and all their cars are a evolution of the first car, and they have thus far been out performed by Paganis on track.

Lets see how it goes when the Huayra goes head to head with the Agera.

All i know is that history has a tendency to repeat itself!

Last edited by La Artist; 11-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry but the whole Ford block thing is blown way out of proportion. The Koenigsegg block is made in England by the same people who make the Veyron block, and there are ZERO parts on the Koenigsegg engine that come from Ford. Its not a tuned Ford block because it shares the same displacement, the last engine that was even slightly Ford based was the one in the CC8S. And stop trying to drive that point so hard, Pagani uses an AMG engine with very little modifications. And if you are saying that AMG has a greater racing heritage than Ford and therefore its engines are substantially better, I think you should take a second look at your history.

With regards to the 'Ring time, I just find it very suspicious that a car with upgraded suspension, tires, aero, and engine would run a time .4s faster than its predecessor. Doesn't really match up, right? I can't wait to see the Agera R hit the 'Ring, but its pretty hard for such a low volume manufacturer to close the 'Ring for a day and get one of the owners to loan their car.

And the Agera R besides the E85 capability has options for exhaust, wheels, aero tweaks, and runs .1 bar higher boost pressure.

Last edited by Will_CA; 11-07-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Jethro Bovingdon finds out just how fast the Koenigsegg Agera R is