Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

SSC Announces Limited Production of Five Ultimate Aero XT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Super Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Six Five has a reputation beyond repute
I love the hilariously bad photoshop in the background.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
It would not surprise me if some (or perhaps all) of these XT's will be built out of previously completed cars. The orange and grey car #11 (one of the few Ultimate Aeros ever spotted anywhere in the world on privately registered plates) somehow ended up back in SSC's possession and was being used for testing of the Tuatara transmission, as posted in one of SSC's own videos.

So there is a precedent. Add in the DOHC heads, there's your Tuatara drivetrain. Do it four more times, there's your 5 car run of Ultimate Aero XT's.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mahzari
BULLSHIT.

A 7.0 liter twin-turbo V8 revving to 9,200rpm? 300mph speedo? 10,000rpm tach?

I'll believe it when I see it
More important to me is the 1,004 ft-lb. of torque at 6,800 RPM!!
Woa!

Last edited by PJ111; 08-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The HP numbers are not hard to attain from a TT SBC derived motor like they claim. Check out Nelson Racing Engines and you will see some mind-blowing things that can be done with TT V-8's. Nelson Racing Engines - Extreme Horsepower Twin Turbo Engines, Supercharged Engines, LSX Engines

I respect Jarod Shelby's passion and the pursuit of his dream, but the man simply has to fire his PR person/company ASAP and hire someone that knows what they are doing.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Is that press release a joke?

I am sure these two are sitting on someone's desk over at SSC HQs;

Old 08-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DBSGirl81
Anyone seeing them copying Bugatti's SS livery? and it looks awful.
True that..! A W F U L. Bad copy..!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BigE
The HP numbers are not hard to attain from a TT SBC derived motor like they claim. Check out Nelson Racing Engines and you will see some mind-blowing things that can be done with TT V-8's. Nelson Racing Engines - Extreme Horsepower Twin Turbo Engines, Supercharged Engines, LSX Engines

I respect Jarod Shelby's passion and the pursuit of his dream, but the man simply has to fire his PR person/company ASAP and hire someone that knows what they are doing.
I agree with all said.

Their marketing/PR sucks. Who would put out this shitty pshop?

Not sure why they are even going to a DOHC engine. They already had 1287hp from their 6.3L pushrod. Up the boost to Bugatti levels and that is already likely 1350hp. Then up displacement to 7L and you have well over 1400hp. With a lighter engine and more torque.

Jerod is smart and has passion and determination. Hopefully it can overcome costly useless engineering and bad pr/marketing.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358

Not sure why they are even going to a DOHC engine. They already had 1287hp from their 6.3L pushrod. Up the boost to Bugatti levels and that is already likely 1350hp. Then up displacement to 7L and you have well over 1400hp. With a lighter engine and more torque.
If they did do a DOHC engine, it better not follow in Ford's footsteps. The LSX is a very easy engine to make the power with, they should not have any issues making 1400+ with it.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I think I already said enough in the other thread, but I've placed SSC firmly in the 'I might believe it when I see it' category now.

When it comes to production of the Tuatara though - sadly I don't believe we'll ever see it. A shame because I quite liked Castriota's exterior design.

>8^)
ER

Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^Well at least you got some awesome McLaren stuff coming this fall !!!!

Quick Reply: SSC Announces Limited Production of Five Ultimate Aero XT's