Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

[DESIGN STUDY] Smaller Pagani Zonda - I need your feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
[DESIGN STUDY] Smaller Pagani Zonda - I need your feedback!

Since you all know Pagani is moving to brand new factory. The new facility in Modena, Italy, the heartland of supercar country, will be three times larger than the existing factory.

According to that fact, I was thinking that Pagani should offer more than one model to their customers. My idea was to make design study on Pagani entry level model.
Since I am big fan of Pagani Zonda that is officially out of production, I would like to keep that amazing design through smaller model than Zonda, but refreshed with some details from Huyara.

So, I am asking for your feedback - what do you think about introducing Pagani entry level model; what type of engine should have;
how much smaller should be compared to Zonda; what elements should be improved over Zonda; and finally what price should be for that kind of car.

Any kind of feedback/comment will be much appreciated

Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
Zonda is not out of production.

Haven't you read all the recent thread about the 760 RS?

When you say smaller, are you talking about price, or size?

I think they should keep making just one model. They are doing quite well that way and the recent vids so how much this brand is worth to be among the great. The level of detail is exquisite.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ogaleicrum
Zonda is not out of production.
Haven't you read all the recent thread about the 760 RS?
When you say smaller, are you talking about price, or size?
I think they should keep making just one model. They are doing quite well that way and the recent vids so how much this brand is worth to be among the great. The level of detail is exquisite.
Sorry if I misunderstood some reports in magazines that development of Zonda is over & they are delivering only special 1of1 editions that are previously ordered.

I was thinking about smaller model than Zonda, with smaller engine. Of course, price will be slightly lower than Zonda`s.

Last edited by Milanno; 04-30-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
New car could have the normally aspirated 6L V12 used on early Zondas producing 500-600bhp. The interior could be based on the Huayra's but with less tech (standard radio...). It should be offered as a manual but the paddle shift gearbox could be an option. Design wise, it would be great if it had the Huayra's active aero and the gullwing doors. Price could be between $300-400k

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Pagani is already developing, and had declared its intentions to build a V8 super car which they should present at 2015 or so. In my opinion this car should cost at about 500k, and it should look very different to the Huayra. So you will be designing this car Milanno?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
The V12 in the Zonda's is not an option for a third model as it is officially out of production with AMG and is only produced on very special request. This means it now cost's twice as much as the engine in the Huayra.

Also the Zonda is not a world car and cannot be sold legally in America.

Let’s not forget that the Huayra has been in development for over eight years now and is only now going into production. We can expect various variations on this model like a roadster and CS version over the coming years.

Pagani now have to recoup their development costs and keep the cash flow up by delivering the 85 orders currently in the bag. The investment needed to produce another model I do not think is available at the moment

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Damn, came into this thread expecting at least a sketch.

Go ahead man, I'd love to see what you come up with.
Make it similar in shape to the Huayra but with a smoother and lower nose.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Rumors say a V8 supercar is on the way that will cost around 500 K euro.

But take that with a bowl of salt, im interested to see what you come up with though.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting about these v8 rumors, first I've heard of them. 500k seems about the right price for a car like this. I can picture something performance and size wise to compete with the 458 and MP4.

As for design, I wouldn't try to emulate the Zonda, or Hyuara for that matter, but rather evolve and carry on the main focuses of the Pagani brand. You have some excellent work so I'm curious to see what you come up with.

I would prefer Pagani to stick with one car at a time. It worked so well with the Zonda and hopefully the Hyuara will retain Pagani's greatness. One thing about the cars that Pagani offers is the attention to detail and the meticulous man hours that go into each and every car produced, from the beginning of the design, through the constant revisions and modifications, the close customer relations, and through the actual production of the car; ensuring ever seem is exact, stitching is perfect, the carbon weave flows flawlessly from headlight to taillight. Retaining these things would be extremely difficult to maintain with a 500k car. Yes performance is huge. Yes design is huge. Yet the thing that makes these Pagani cars masterpieces is the effort put into each one. Without that, having a pagani that was made in a 'normal' sense wouldn't be worth having a Pagani at all.

Last edited by slord; 04-30-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: [DESIGN STUDY] Smaller Pagani Zonda - I need your feedback!