Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

World's first peak at the ADV.1 Bugatti Veyron wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mannnu81
Wowza jordan, it didn't occur to me you had to do all that. good stuff man, can't wait for the pics
Sorry for the I thread side track but what the hell is that piece of shit you have in your avatar? Why man, why?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
I admire your guts for trying to provide an alternative here but are you not setting yourself up for a world of hurt?

You say yours wheels can stand the 250+ mph of a standard Veyron, but the tyres you have available are only rated to 210mph. If that is the case how have you managed to test your wheel at 250mph?

Second if I am not mistaken the tyres on the Veyron are a completely custom sizing, if that is the case who is supplying your tyres?

And last but not least how are you getting around the potential public liability nightmare in supplying a wheel and tyre package not suited to the capabilities of the car? It only takes one idiot to have one of your tyres or wheels let go at 212mph for you to end up being dragged through court, and believe me they could do this....

PS I forgot to add that fitting any non standand item like this to your Veyron will invalidate your warrentee
Well as of Feb. of this year, we are now officially an approved TUV manufacturing co. registered in the TUV database. What this means is that our manufacturing methods, materials and test standards are all up to TUV's strict requirements and our wheels are tested / approved for use in Germany. Now this doesn't mean that this exact wheel is approved. Every wheel, PCD, offset, width, diameter, etc is a different case. So for this exact wheel to be approved, we need to make an extra front and rear for testing. And then this exact wheel will be approved with any differentiation of this wheel not being approved officially.

Along with that, we have done virtual tests on our wheels before along with physical testing. In fact, we just got a machine set up in our LA facility or onsite testing when necessary. What this machine does is run through certain speeds at a set number of wheel revolutions and then tests the strength of the wheels for cornering, speed, etc.

Additionally, we have a few cars that have traveled in excess of 200 mph (UGR Gallardos/R8's/Supra/GTR) and they have held up fine.

We're not releasing who our tire manufacturer is yet but we will soon! We'll be releasing more info on that with the official release of the car/wheels.

The customer knows what he can and can't do. They know the tested limits of the tires and that it would be unsafe to go above the tested limits. However, we will be taking precautions just in case something were to happen. That is between the customer and ourselves though. I don't foresee any problems from our end nor do I see any problems coming from our customer at this time.

And lastly, yes, the warranty will be voided. However this was done as a cost saver for our customer. You must replace the OEM tires every 2500 miles at a cost of over $10k per set. You must replace the OEM wheels every 3 tire changes at a cost of $60k. The cost is astronomical. So this set up was made so our customer can drive more and if he has the itch to go 500mph, he can swap on the OEM set!

I hope that answers your questions. Thank you!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, it's late - gotta hit the sack but I wanted to shed some light on the project since many of you have some good questions. Since I've already written this novel a few months ago when we first started the project I'll just paste it here for anyone who's interested. Hopefully it answers some questions, goodnight everyone!

originally posted late 2011:

"I've been researching this for a couple weeks now and before accepting the job I wanted to make absolutely sure that we could engineer a 100% oem compatible wheel without any possibility of damaging the car or causing any safety issues. We've had multiple inquires from Veyron owners but none of them were the right type of customer for something like this due to the insanely strict control Bugatti has on any modifications done to these cars. it's impressive how much precaution they take to avoid liability and any safety risk, I can fully understand their position though. If someone unqualified were to change a tire on this thing and then the owner tries to break the sound barrier and a wheel falls off imagine the liability they might have to deal with if someone gets hurt. We're the same way with our wheels, we don't allow anyone to disassemble them and / or refinish them for the same reason, if they're not rebuilt properly someone can get hurt and we're potentially responsible. Because of this we always design the wheels in a way that makes it almost impossible to balance and seal without the proper equipment, this way when a wheel is taken apart we usually get a call from someone claiming it's leaking or vibrating. our wheels don't leak or vibrate so it's an automatic warranty void and we request to get them back so we can rebuild them properly.

These wheels and tires are obviously a million times more controlled by Bugatti which is totally understandable. The wheels are designed in a specific size which will only accept these exact tires. The tires can only be purchased from Bugatti and the wheels cannot be dismounted without a special type of equipment that can only be found apparently in 3 locations throughout the world! This means, if you get a flat or have some worn tires, the car goes to the dealer, wheels removed, spares installed by the dealer and the wheels / tires are shipped to 1 of 3 service centers for servicing. No way around it.

Then there's the tpms issue. Bugatti made a specific sensor for the wheels which is tied to the vin obviously and will report any alarms directly to bugatti, meaning they know if your tire is low and if you replace the wheels they know about it because your sensors will no longer work since there's no possible way to remove them or purchase them...Besides all that, even if you don't care the car will still annoy you with beeps of death if you drive without the sensors working properly or missing.

oh, then the tires. I wouldn't even want to think about using a size that doesn't exactly match the oem OD's so the available choices are pretty limited. Since everyone assured me that it couldn't be done I had to take some time to research this for myself - sure enough, you can - there is an existing exact oem OD match available within 1mm front and rear - so the myth of the secret veyron tires is BS. Still I'm hesitant to do anything to the car without full consent by the owner and fully researching the issues to make sure everything will be ok. The car can never go 253mph without the oem tires, but who would anyways? The owner who would be willing to change the wheels on this car has to understand that and be willing to possibly void warranty.

Can it be done? I wouldn't take the order otherwise and I did plenty of research to make sure it would be possible. Yes it can be done, yes there are tires that match oem sizes with a 20x11 / 21x14 wheel setup instead of the oem sizes. The wheels themselves need to be strong enough for something like this which ours are fully capable of more than this type of power but I wouldn't be willing to release these without testing first. "

Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Sorry for the I thread side track but what the hell is that piece of shit you have in your avatar? Why man, why?
It's cool bro, there's enough yellow 12C for both of us. Mine has been improved aesthetically by world renowned car tuner, Mansory

Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mannnu81
It's cool bro, there's enough yellow 12C for both of us. Mine has been improved aesthetically by world renowned car tuner, Mansory

You are right in one aspect, Mansory is known all around the world for destroying any beautiful car at will.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
Well as of Feb. of this year, we are now officially an approved TUV manufacturing co. registered in the TUV database. What this means is that our manufacturing methods, materials and test standards are all up to TUV's strict requirements and our wheels are tested / approved for use in Germany. Now this doesn't mean that this exact wheel is approved. Every wheel, PCD, offset, width, diameter, etc is a different case. So for this exact wheel to be approved, we need to make an extra front and rear for testing. And then this exact wheel will be approved with any differentiation of this wheel not being approved officially.

Along with that, we have done virtual tests on our wheels before along with physical testing. In fact, we just got a machine set up in our LA facility or onsite testing when necessary. What this machine does is run through certain speeds at a set number of wheel revolutions and then tests the strength of the wheels for cornering, speed, etc.

Additionally, we have a few cars that have traveled in excess of 200 mph (UGR Gallardos/R8's/Supra/GTR) and they have held up fine.

We're not releasing who our tire manufacturer is yet but we will soon! We'll be releasing more info on that with the official release of the car/wheels.

The customer knows what he can and can't do. They know the tested limits of the tires and that it would be unsafe to go above the tested limits. However, we will be taking precautions just in case something were to happen. That is between the customer and ourselves though. I don't foresee any problems from our end nor do I see any problems coming from our customer at this time.

And lastly, yes, the warranty will be voided. However this was done as a cost saver for our customer. You must replace the OEM tires every 2500 miles at a cost of over $10k per set. You must replace the OEM wheels every 3 tire changes at a cost of $60k. The cost is astronomical. So this set up was made so our customer can drive more and if he has the itch to go 500mph, he can swap on the OEM set!

I hope that answers your questions. Thank you!
#
Tony thanks for your response, again I think you guys are very brave for taking on this challenge but again I am not totally convinced.

You mention you have experience of various cars running over 200mph, but let’s be honest none of those weight two tonnes and exert the kind of destructive forces a Veyron can.

Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you were commissioned to start this project by a singular customer. That’s great if that customer fully understands the implications of what you are doing.

But what safeguards can you put in place to prevent a second hand buyer purchasing one of your equipped cars and running it over your prescribed limits? We all know that total disclosure within the used market is somewhat lacking.

I am not trying to beat you down just voicing my concerns

Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
If a Bugatti owner wants to test the top speed, he puts the OEM wheels. If he wants to ride in style they put the ADV's. let's be honest, i think that only 5% of Bugatti owners really appreciate what piece of engineering they have bought. The other 95% bought the car to show that they have big "cojones" and rarely pass 120mph speed.

Congratulations ADV!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
#
Tony thanks for your response, again I think you guys are very brave for taking on this challenge but again I am not totally convinced.

You mention you have experience of various cars running over 200mph, but let’s be honest none of those weight two tonnes and exert the kind of destructive forces a Veyron can.

Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you were commissioned to start this project by a singular customer. That’s great if that customer fully understands the implications of what you are doing.

But what safeguards can you put in place to prevent a second hand buyer purchasing one of your equipped cars and running it over your prescribed limits? We all know that total disclosure within the used market is somewhat lacking.

I am not trying to beat you down just voicing my concerns
are you afraid you will get scammed on the secondhand veyron market? People put aftermarket tyres and wheels on cars all the time, be more worried about the non-veyrons. Everytime you see a jetta with steelies and winter tyres cruise by on the thruway, worry more if he put up the extra coin for highly rated tyres. You'd be amazed how many people put cheaper, lower rates tyres on their vehicle, often time because people just want a cheap winter set up.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
are you afraid you will get scammed on the secondhand veyron market? People put aftermarket tyres and wheels on cars all the time, be more worried about the non-veyrons. Everytime you see a jetta with steelies and winter tyres cruise by on the thruway, worry more if he put up the extra coin for highly rated tyres. You'd be amazed how many people put cheaper, lower rates tyres on their vehicle, often time because people just want a cheap winter set up.
Absolutely not, I am not in the market for a Veyron. But you are right about the lower rent cars.

But what I am saying is that hypothetically a used Veyron owner could now be in possession of the fastest car in the world with tires rated at 50 mph lower than the car is capable of. And let’s not forget that in certain parts of the world Veyrons owners have legally driven well in excess of 200 mph on a number of occasions. Imagine the carnage if one of the tires blew on one of these two tonne land based missiles

Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely not, I am not in the market for a Veyron. But you are right about the lower rent cars.

But what I am saying is that hypothetically a used Veyron owner could now be in possession of the fastest car in the world with tires rated at 50 mph lower than the car is capable of. And let’s not forget that in certain parts of the world Veyrons owners have legally driven well in excess of 200 mph on a number of occasions. Imagine the carnage if one of the tires blew on one of these two tonne land based missiles
I guess you would see things different if you knew that pretty much every truck with xx tons of weight drives with fvckd up tires at 100 km/h ...that thing in your rear is the safer way to die than a out of control Veyron that you might happen to see once in 10 years on the Autobahn

Quick Reply: World's first peak at the ADV.1 Bugatti Veyron wheels