Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011 | 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I'd be curious if the SSC that was totaled here in the NW in that gumball type thing had an airbag and if it went off.
In the photos that I have seen, it does not appear that it has.

I’ve been researching the issue of the Ultimate Aero’s U.S.-legal status for a couple years, because I could never get a definitive answer on the topic. The mere fact that every time I posed the question to those that should know, I got no response at all, led me to believe that I was on the right track with the inescapable conclusion that it is not.

To be honest, however, ultimately it probably makes no difference. Even if SSC sold them all in the Middle East, they did in fact produce them in series, and it did in fact go 256 miles per hour, and thus was the rightful production car top speed record holder for a time.

And I am not so naïve as to not be aware that if you are rich and clever enough, you can drive whatever you want here in the U.S. But the next time there is a discussion about how the Ultimate Aero does what the Veyron does for one third the cost, consider this:

Which is the more impressive engineering feat? Building a 250+ mph road car, or building a 250+ mph road car which also complies with the most stringent regulations in the world? How much could a company save if it didn’t bother?

Old 12-23-2011 | 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
mattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond repute
H2O skier, i never said that i didnt like them, i said that i doubt an airbag, no matter how advanced, will save you if youre car flips at 200+mph.

Old 12-23-2011 | 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
mattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond repute
^also, i do agree that all cars should have airbags, but its not my decision whether or not to have airbags.

To be honest about that veyron or ssc for 1/3 of the price, id take the ssc anyday. Its aloud here, accept that!

Old 12-23-2011 | 03:12 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattman4444
^also, i do agree that all cars should have airbags, but its not my decision whether or not to have airbags.

To be honest about that veyron or ssc for 1/3 of the price, id take the ssc anyday. Its aloud here, accept that!
accept what? 1/3rd the cost of the Veyron? Or it's allowed here?

I can't answer either. It appears mattjs33 is trying to find out if they are allowed here with no real answers.

I've never seen one other than NON plated cars and SSC's original UA also NON plated.

Or are you talking about Veyrons? Those are legal here. They are licensed all over the country.

I've also no clue of the cost of the SSC's products. I've never had interest in one.

The only thing worth 500k plus in any car made would be at least 20 years old in my book and most of them 35 plus. I don't like the new cars made today.

Last edited by h20skier; 12-23-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2011 | 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Amzamus
Some fantastic pics taken from Top Gear site:

My dad used to fly this type of jet. A-7 Corsair II

Old 12-23-2011 | 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe anyone thinks anything about the tuatard looks good except the spec sheet.

Old 12-24-2011 | 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I can't believe anyone thinks anything about the tuatard looks good except the spec sheet.
I can't believe anyone cares about anything you say about the Tuatara.

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2011 | 01:56 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJ111
And we don't care to hear your worthless opinion.
Originally Posted by PJ111
I can't believe anyone cares about anything you say about the Tuatara.
You have serious issues.

You obviously care about their opinions and it's sad that it seems like you are the only spokesman for SSC on here. Your choice of criticisms with 28 posts prove two things.

Your opinion isn't relevant of what others think and you are clearly here to work thru self esteem issues this new SSC car must have.

Add something to the conversation and follow up with something other than jr high school " I'm telling mommy" tantrum type posts and you might be taken seriously.

The car is either good looking to someone or ugly to someone. Why the hell do you care so much about the negative comments.

If you work for SSC that would make most sense. SSC shouldn't care it's been posted they've sold 10 already to the Middle East. They should be happier than hell.

I'd say revamp your approach to responding to the negative prior to pressing "submit reply" next time and it won't come across like grade school name calling.

Old 12-24-2011 | 02:22 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, let's stop the personal attacks. Report the posts and 'step away from the thread'.

Thanks.

Old 12-24-2011 | 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Control It
Guys, let's stop the personal attacks. Report the posts and 'step away from the thread'.

Thanks.
Bunch of thin skinned pc babies on this site.
Jealous of an American made car that will rape all of your but ugly Lambo, gayron, Faganni, Koenigscrap junk!

Quick Reply: Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar