Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

1088hp Croatian Supercar Emerges - The Concept_One

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chubster
I guess it's gonna be a electric vehicle, so 3800Nm is quite possible..
And I agree that this feels like a megafail.

edit: but the 600km range feels like an extra load of bullshit, or then they are dragging along a shitload of batteries.
3800NM or 1088hp is still a ton of power from nobody. But other companies have done it, like SSC and Zenvo.
But that range is very questionable. A 1088hp car that can go 373 miles. Funny how a 250hp Tesla, or even that 100hp Nissan can't go over 100 miles. Or here is how Dennis Palatov put it:
let's assume that it's at super-efficient cruise with no stops, so say 100 kph steady state. that's 6 hours runtime. with 92KWh energy onboard that's 15KW steady draw on the battery. assuming a generous 90% system efficiency (battery->inverters->motors->gear reduction->wheels) that's 13.8KW power delivered to the wheels or about 18hp. basically, to hit that range they would have to be able to cruise 100kph (60mph) on 18hp nonstop for 6 hours and that's under ideal conditions. this is just an example. another is if they actually used all of the claimed horsepower the onboard energy will last less than 6 minutes.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Even if electric motors become a viable transportation propulsion source, I don't want it in my sports car. It removes a lot of what makes a car fun: powerband, revving, the fact that it can stall, shifting, clutch, and the sound.
Sports cars are about fun. And there is already too much electronic control removing the visceral experience these days.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
Hmmm... Interesting design...

That's all that comes to mind when I look at this thing.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kevin358
Even if electric motors become a viable transportation propulsion source, I don't want it in my sports car. It removes a lot of what makes a car fun: powerband, revving, the fact that it can stall, shifting, clutch, and the sound.
Sports cars are about fun. And there is already too much electronic control removing the visceral experience these days.
I completely agree!

It's sad that the majority of people don't value the feeling of driving, and I mean actually driving, a raw car anymore. As a result, automobile makers are continuing to implement all of this new silly stuff into their cars, and we get the shaft.

Last edited by NAPO; 09-13-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NGJR
Not feeling it. Looks like a rejected Maserati/Ferrari design.
+1^

Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Majki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Aristotle is on a distinguished roadAristotle is on a distinguished road
I'm looking at the those interior pictures and I can almost hear the rattles.
But good luck I guess!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Who is building this car? I'm guessing it's not only him and a few mates in a shed right. Also, have they announce a price for it yet?