Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

CAR Magazine Supercar Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ferrariben430 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you see at the end of the video it says that McLaren came back after fixing the "hydraulic problems" recorded a time that was .3 sec faster than the 458, however they used their own chief test driver which skews the result, still it is hard to say that I would pick anything over the 458 especially in that gorgeous color combo

Old 06-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
oh mclaren

Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodhii
Maybe it was one of those VERY specially test prepped Ferrari's that Chris Harris was talking about?
That was the first thing that came to my mind. Did I miss something, or did they mention whether or not the McLaren was equiped with the stickier tires and carbon brakes?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
You can`t trust these tests anymore... On these kind of test and especially the nurburgring tests, most of the cars are far from stock with a track setup and tweaked engines with a full mechanic team on place. Lately, i prefer a road test instead of a track test, shows more of what you acctually get when you buy one of these cars.

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 06-21-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Hard to trust these test anymore. But from the videos, the GT2 RS looks the most suicidal to drive

Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari 458 being faster than a GT2RS? Hhahahaha yea right, Ferrari crew at work right there.
Compare impartial Nürburgring times from Sportauto:
458: 7:38
GT2RS: 7:24

McLaren? Well there you go. Still a very fast car but too much hype.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
The SLS vid was horrible to watch...
as if he didn`t really get hold of the shifting action in this car

Old 06-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to see something similar to this but with stock customer cars because it would be nice to see how the GT2 RS, 458 and 12C really compare without teams tuning them. It would also be nice if they had the same tires on because that can give a pretty large advantage to any car. I want to see a fair 12C vs 458 vs GT2 RS fight.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
In August i'm taking a production 458 and MP4 out for 2 days with a photographer buddy of mine, and i'm going to test them back to back. Okay, there won't be track tests done, but hopefully i'll be able to give a true test of which is the better car as both are representative of what you, the public, will be buying...

Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
honzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
You can`t trust these tests anymore... On these kind of test and especially the nurburgring tests, most of the cars are far from stock with a track setup and tweaked engines with a full mechanic team on place. Lately, i prefer a road test instead of a track test, shows more of what you acctually get when you buy one of these cars.
Thats why I like the Nurburgring times, since I assume every team puts pretty much the same effort into the preparation = relevant results.

This test track seemed to have one super long straight. Also, the fact that the ex-Stig pretty much drifted the whole track with the SLS makes me think they wanted a certain car to win

Quick Reply: CAR Magazine Supercar Test