Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

First test drive - Rebellion R1k [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358
The thing about Nelson is he prides himself in building engines that make 1500+hp but are as driveable as a stock V8. They are also very reliable engines, other specs of the 427 SBC go up to 2500hp. 1600hp is pretty standard for a SBC from NRE.
Im not sure but i don`t think any of Nelsons car builds has been used the way it will if Jon gets an engine from him. Also, two monster turbos will create massive heat during long fast runs like Gumball. I still say go for a 750 NA engine. that will be more than enough for your Ultima and probably faster compared to a 1500+ engine on the streets.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Stick a TT LSX in there from RHS or ERL ;-)

high rpm 427cid (or larger) pushrod V8 + Twin Borg Warner S300's hehe

Sent from my ROOTED Defy using Teamspeed

Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks Kevin! As I am very new to details of engines like this its great to get all this information!

1. 427 TT. I totally see what you are saying on the race gas. Does it at all matter if I drive mostly in Europe and the octane I would run is mostly 100? I am not to worried about having two tanks with different fuels in them, sure its a hazzle but with enough planning its totally doable, and worth the bragging rights... ;-) (If I understood it correctly that I can run low boost and just keep refueling the pump gas tank?) What is the difference in the ones that produces 2000+ hp. Will they be less reliable or whats the downside of going even more stupid? ;-)

2. SBC. I have had a look at the AS engines and I was actually wondering why they can take 800hp out of a SBC and the option NE gave me was "only" at 650hp. Seems like NE are amazing at what they do, so how come it seems like AS is a better option when it comes to naturally aspired engines? Any thoughts on that one?

3. SBC vs BBC I know that the SBC are smaller and lighter, but if I do decide to go for the 500ci BBC to get the extra hp, whats the downside of going all out and going for the 705 BBC - Fuel Injected with 925 HP with 900 TQ with pump gas? How are they sound wise? will the 705 be much heavier then the 500?

3. Since I started looking at engines and I have always had one favorite, its insane but when it comes to the sound there is nothing that can touch the Judds... ;-)
Is it possible to make a Judd V10 GV 5,5 work in a car like this? Ever heard of anyone using this for the street? Engines « Engine Developments Ltd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih7AIGt7WMw
Or what about the Judd V8s they run in some hill climb cars?

YouTube - ‪Mercedes Benz 190E EX DTM (judd v8) INCREDIBLE‬‏ )

That would be insane!!!

Thanks for all the help!

/JON

Last edited by olsson99; 06-17-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Aristotle is on a distinguished roadAristotle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by olsson99
That would be insane!!!
I think you're insane.

But in a good way.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Then again there is still the GT-R engine that I love... ;-)

YouTube - ‪R35 GT-R GT500 race cars idling in rain‬‏

Anyone knows what it would take to get a "normal" GT-R engine to sound anything close to this? I run almost straight pipes on my GT-R and its far from as mean sounding as this... (I am sure they have done 10000 things to this engine, but is there an "easy" way to get closer to this sound?)

And what does the GT-R engines run in terms of price? I seem to have zero talent for finding things online...;-)

/JON

Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Jon^^ The GT500 GTR is a whole other engine compared to the streetcar. It is a NA V8 developed only for GT500.

For a bad ass GT-R engine i would call Switzer, they make 1000whp+ engines for GT-R and a very succesfull with that. They have a swedish dealer called www.23gtr.se

I saw that you asked about m5 v10 earlier. There is a Norweigan tuning company called V.S motors ( http://www.vsmotor.no/en_index.html ) that builds insane BMW engines, they recently builded a M5 V10 twin turbo with 1800+hp. That might be something, the bimmer v10 is awsome

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 06-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Then again if you want the baddest sound in the world for a car. There is the rotary engine. 4 rotors.

YouTube - ‪4 rotor rotary engine in a BMW - RX7 motor drag racing‬‏

YouTube - ‪4rotor Mazda RX7 FD‬‏

YouTube - ‪4rotary 787B‬‏

YouTube - ‪787B 4rotor Start and Rev video‬‏

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 06-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
Jon^^ The GT500 GTR is a whole other engine compared to the streetcar. It is a NA V8 developed only for GT500.

For a bad ass GT-R engine i would call Switzer, they make 1000whp+ engines for GT-R and a very succesfull with that. They have a swedish dealer called 23 GTR

I saw that you asked about m5 v10 earlier. There is a Norweigan tuning company called V.S motors ( V.S Motor - Vidar Strand ) that builds insane BMW engines, they recently builded a M5 V10 twin turbo with 1800+hp. That might be something, the bimmer v10 is awsome
****ing ****ers! Always making the cool shit impossible to duplicate...

Switzer sure finds some power, but I have yet to hear them sounds as super extreme as I want it to do if I drop 30-50k into a GT-R engine...

Emailed VS to see what they say, like the idea of a V10tt... ;-)
In Norway for a ski camp and it keeps raining! Making me go insane on this topic... Have looked at everything from crashed GT-Rs to Murcielago engines but I just cant make up my mind...

All help and thoughts are very welcome!

/JON

Old 06-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
YouTube - ‪787B 4rotor Start and Rev video‬‏[/QUOTE]

You are right, there is nothing that beats that! The only question is, where do I find one? Have been wearing google down but I have found exactly nothing...

How are then in terms of power and reliability?

/JON

Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Another idea is to buy a engine from a crashed gallardo and then send the engine to underground racing. Im sure you are familiar with them but they make probably THE fastest Streetlegal cars on the planet right now.

Quick Reply: First test drive - Rebellion R1k [VIDEO]