Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Zonda F cruising Yosemite

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010 | 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
WOW. very cool

Old 09-22-2010 | 05:53 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mattjs33
Do you know how this would work the other way around? For quite some time I've had a dream of shipping my car to Europe for a few days' fun at the 'Ring, but have been told it's a nightmare in terms of the temporary licensing.
Matt, again this should not be a major problem as you only bringing the car into Europe for private use and for a short time period. You should not come up against any issues and will not need to get the car licensed etc. The only thing you have to be careful about is insurance. Make sure it is water tight, but don’t expect to get cover for driving at the "Ring" unless you are willing to dig very deep into your pockets

Old 09-22-2010 | 05:58 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
The car is currently in Beverly Hills so look out for it:

Old 09-22-2010 | 06:11 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
The policy is purely designed for non US citizens who are importing cars for short term personnel use and then exporting them back to the country of origin
You seem to know quite a lot on the subject! I'm sorry if this derails the thread, but how would I go on about bringing my Swedish car over for a roadtrip? Are there any taxes or toll charges if I wanted to have the car there for, say, 3 weeks? ... or is it more like "Hello, welcome to the US! Nice car - make sure you adapt to the US way of driving by clogging up the left lane without checking your rear view and you can turn right on red! Off you go then!"

Old 09-22-2010 | 09:48 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by jox
You seem to know quite a lot on the subject! I'm sorry if this derails the thread, but how would I go on about bringing my Swedish car over for a roadtrip? Are there any taxes or toll charges if I wanted to have the car there for, say, 3 weeks? ... or is it more like "Hello, welcome to the US! Nice car - make sure you adapt to the US way of driving by clogging up the left lane without checking your rear view and you can turn right on red! Off you go then!"
Jox, I do not know if the situation is different in Sweden but in the UK the first thing I would do is contact an appropriate shipping company. Most good ones will be able to give you very good advice on what you need to do to ship your car. You then need contact the US immigration office and tell them what you want to do. They will get the paper work sorted.

You then need to decide if you are going to ship or fly your car. Just do your homework and you should find it’s not too much of a problem

Old 09-22-2010 | 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
CoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by streetrod454
By the way, an American citizen living abroad would not be able to get away with this. I.E. they could not import a non US compliant car to the US for personnel use.

The policy is purely designed for non US citizens who are importing cars for short term personnel use and then exporting them back to the country of origin
Well that's good seeing as I'm an Aussie! Any hints on where I read more info on this like a government site etc?

Old 09-22-2010 | 11:13 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by CoconutPhotography
Well that's good seeing as I'm an Aussie! Any hints on where I read more info on this like a government site etc?
Whoops sorry about that. Yes, speak to the US consulate in your country or better still the USA immirgration and customs department in the USA.

Also look here, this will put you on the right path. look under the sections "Free Entry" and "Exceptions" The rules are out lined here:

Importing a Motor Vehicle - CBP.gov