Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

New 'Stratos' powered by a Ferrari V8

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:01 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
This has to be by far the car I am most looking forward to by a far margin, the body looks stunning.

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:09 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I hope they keep it light and simple.
Never happen, and that's why it'll suck. Flappies, traction control, stability control, 87 airbags, etc.

Looks awesome, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but you know it'll end up being the next in a long line of half-hearted retro attempts to recapture something that's been legislated out of existence.

I would love to be wrong, but it would be the first time in a decade for this sort of thing, excluding the Ford GT.

Old 08-13-2010 | 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
^^ That's my worry. The shape is beautiful. A Ferrari V8 would be wonderful. But I've driven a couple of the originals, and the best part was how raw that car was, how uncomplicated, and how on edge it was all the time. If you sneezed, it would swap ends. Qualities that made it so magnificent, but not ones that big corporations look to put into their cars these days.

Old 08-13-2010 | 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
So does/will this car carry the badge?
I guess I don't get where the businessman comes in. Did he just throw some money at Lancia and tell them to have at it, or what?

I've sadly never had a chance to drive the original, but I've heard it was amazing.

I agree with all of the above there regarding computer aids and whatever else. Today I watched the episode of Top Gear where Clarkson drives the Enzo, then later the F40 and likes the F40 more because of its raw feeling. Totally agree. Car companies need to make cars for enthusiasts again, not for their wives to take grocery-shopping...

Old 08-14-2010 | 03:11 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
The businessman has funded the project.. This has to be a good thing as he clearly loved the original - I doubt he'll be happy about throwing all that cash at a bloated motorway cruiser. The prototype was in near-completed spec and it was described as 'sensational' to drive. Let's hope it remains as true to the original as I think it will.

Old 08-14-2010 | 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Were you a fan of the original? Because I think it's a fantastic job of crafting a modern shape built on the classic.
I was and i wasnt...its just not rubbing me the right way...its ok not for everyone is all

Old 08-14-2010 | 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Does anybody know which Ferrari V8 it's running?

Old 08-14-2010 | 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Some more pics. AMS says the entire car is made of CF

Old 08-14-2010 | 10:25 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely fantastic! The little details gives me goose bumps - the shape of the old Fiat X1/9 door handles and that gorgeous rear end.

I will find a way to buy this car should it ever be offered to the public. And I will wrap it in Alitalia clothing and custom make the awesomest 80s car accessory ever made - the plastic jalousie thing in the rear window.

Why wouldn't it be called Lancia? Lancia still exists, not only as a brand but as a car maker.

Old 08-14-2010 | 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
I love the looks of this car! Simply stunning! I remember TG did a review of the stratos quite recently and was very interesting learning about such a cool car. I read some more on a Swedish car site and the man who requested the car is the german Michael Stoschek, owner of a suppliying company called Brose KG. It's rumoured that this car is based in the Scuderia chassi and might also have the same V8! Might be the coolest car in a long time then if they make more

Quick Reply: New 'Stratos' powered by a Ferrari V8