Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

2010 Geneva: Bugatti's 16C Galibier Concept Makes Public Debut

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
2010 Geneva: Bugatti's 16C Galibier Concept Makes Public Debut

We first heard about Bugatti's latest creation back in November, and it's anything but ordinary. The 16C Galibier concept is a four-door luxury sedan, but not just any four-door luxury sedan. This one is capable of a 220-mph top speed and could cost a staggering $1.5 million. That makes the 16C Galibier - when it enters production - the world's fastest, most expensive luxury sedan in the world. And now we have the first live photos available after the Galibier made its public debut ahead of the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, opening tomorrow.

At the heart of the Galibier is Bugatti's 8.0-liter W-16 engine lifted nearly intact from the Veyron sports car. Changes include a shift from four turbochargers to two-stage supercharging - a move that gives the sedan smoother acceleration and more low-down torque to better suit its use in a luxury sedan - as well as flex-fuel capability. Yep, you can run your $1.5 million Galibier on ethanol. All-wheel drive, ceramic disc brakes, and the extensive use of carbon fiber and aluminum all hint at the performance the Galibier is capable of, though the sedan's luxury concessions have not been omitted. For example, the removable Swiss-made Parmigiani Fleurier tourbillion clock set into the car's dashboard, also capable of being used as a desk clock or wrist watch.

Inspiration for the Galibier comes from not only the treacherous Alpine pass in the Tour de France, but also the four-door Bugatti Type 57 of decades past - a sedan that bears the same name. We're still waiting for more details on the Bugatti 16C Galibier, which could come over the next couple days at the Geneva show. Stay tuned to MotorTrend.com for all your Geneva show updates with our live coverage page, direct from the show floor March 2 and 3.

Source : 2010 Geneva: Bugatti's 16C Galibier Concept Makes Public Debut - Wide Open Throttle - Motor Trend Magazine

Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
In terms of wretched excess, I love it... octo-exhaust, dual-split hood and all!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
For some reason it reminds me of the panamera. Not in a bad way

Old 03-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
What the?! LOL

Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
I have a feeling that if anyone pshoped the end of the car and change the octo exhaust in to a dual exhaust, just by changing them to two rectangular pieces it would look a looooot better.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like a Panamera. Just uglier.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I find myself strangely aroused by this car. It stirs my soul.

It's not particularly beautiful, but there is something rather stately about it that draws me in.

I can't wait to see more pics, especially of the side profile and interior.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member

These are the other photos in the Motor Trend site. I am really liking this car, the only thing is the 8 pipes in the back. The rest .... I like.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
So how do mechanics work on it? Take all of the front-end body parts off of it?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
I really like the front end and the idea of Bugatti making a new hyper-sedan, but the back end of this car is killing it for me. The dual quad-exhaust looks cheep, rather than the one big exhaust on the Veyron, and it looks like the back just ends. I guess I just had extremely high expectations for this car, but am somewhat disappointed.

Hopefully these are just bad angles and the car looks better in person. It may also look better with the classic Bugatti two-tone paint scheme.

Last edited by sal; 03-03-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Geneva: Bugatti's 16C Galibier Concept Makes Public Debut