Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Veyron Nocturne, Veyron Sang D'Argent, Veyron Grand Sport Soleil Du Nuit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
I have now officially lost count of all the "special edition" Veyrons. Almost makes as if the car has lost its exclusivity a bit.
I'm glad you said it first. The Veyron has officially "Jumped the Shark" with all these special editions as far as I am concerned.

>8^)
ER

Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The Veyron reminds me two specific watch brands, Hublot and Audemars Piguet with the Big Bang 44mm and the Royal Oak offshore everytime new limited edition, such as Boutique Paris edition, T3 etc..you lose track.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Take a look in the beginning of this post. I have clarified all about the special Veyrons. This year is a Centenary year and this was the way to celebrate it. Veyron is positioned so high, that the need for customization is at another level, comparing with other supercar makers. That is the reason for limited editions and one-offs.
Hi D, I appreciate your views.

However, if I want to customize my car, I will do it with what ever finish I desire. I don't need the factory to designate the specific finish and slap on a fancy name you pay even more of a premium for.

This is just bringing in too much VW influence from a sales point of view. Bring out a special/limited editions to try generate more interest or sales the moment it slows down.

A couple special editions is great, but to have double digit special editions within one lifespan of a particular car loses it's novelty for me. You have got to ask yourself, how special is it - if there are 11 odd other kinds (and counting) special editions out there? Not to mention the last 4-5 varients have been introduced in a time frame of about 12 months.

Just my 2c.

Last edited by Mike S; 12-16-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
As I have said before, the main part of one-offs appeared to celebrate the Centenary of Bugatti. I do not count the one-offs and options package as Hermes to really special editions. The special editions are only 3 now - Pur Sang, Sang Noir and Nocturne, the last one for Veyron coupe as the production run is running fast enough to the end. There were no commercial need to produce the Nocturne edition, all Veyron coupes were spoken for as for beginning of December, the few allocation were reserved for this edition some time ago, as there were numerous requests for special version from GCC customers. And yes, we will see few special versions and one special limited edition based on Veyron Grand Sport next year. Speaking about slowing sales is a discutable theme - all Bugatti production run for 2010 is sold out.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
As I have said before, the main part of one-offs appeared to celebrate the Centenary of Bugatti. I do not count the one-offs and options package as Hermes to really special editions. The special editions are only 3 now - Pur Sang, Sang Noir and Nocturne, the last one for Veyron coupe as the production run is running fast enough to the end. There were no commercial need to produce the Nocturne edition, all Veyron coupes were spoken for as for beginning of December, the few allocation were reserved for this edition some time ago, as there were numerous requests for special version from GCC customers. And yes, we will see few special versions and one special limited edition based on Veyron Grand Sport next year. Speaking about slowing sales is a discutable theme - all Bugatti production run for 2010 is sold out.
I don't want this turning into one of those 20 page debates, but I can tell you now not everything is sold out and spoken for as what is being portrayed or released to the public.

I could have still got a spot for a Zonda Cinque beginning of this year although reports said it was apparently all sold out. I'll end bit of the discussion here. Said what I wanted to say

Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Hey DL,

don`t be so pissed if someone does not share the same opinion and love for the Veyron

at the end of the day it`s just a car as well

on topic :

I LOVE the Soleil du nuit!
It looks absolutely perfect!!

the Sang d`argent is just about right for some of the ME guys...

Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
DL

Tell me what Veyron owners have the ball* to track the car and then report on the brakes, then we may continue.

Anyone who cares to chime in on Preston feel free he also owns one of the highest mileage Enzo's out there and that has seen the track numerous times as well.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want this turning into one of those 20 page debates, but I can tell you now not everything is sold out and spoken for as what is being portrayed or released to the public.

I could have still got a spot for a Zonda Cinque beginning of this year although reports said it was apparently all sold out. I'll end bit of the discussion here. Said what I wanted to say
There were no public press releases claiming that everything is sold out, Bugatti never makes false reports and counts only sold and paid in full cars, it is very difficult to count how many cars are reserved or spoken for. But from what I know from rather credible sources is that Veyrons will be produced in full and the run is near to the end. That is what I do know.

Speaking about Zonda Cinque spot, unfortuanately it is not possible because all 5 cars are produced - Cinque #1 of 5 (76104) white on black LHD, Cinque #2 of 5 (76105) white on black LHD, Cinque #3 of 5 (76107) white on black with red inserts (now all black) RHD, Cinque #4 of 5 (vin unkown, was featured in one french mag), white on black LHD and final #5 of 5 just delivered to HK - pearl orange with black interior RHD. None of the cars went to the open sale. There were only 2 Cinque Roadsters deliverd and one spot left for Cinque Roadster back in October, may be you speaking about them.

Originally Posted by Marc
DL

Tell me what Veyron owners have the ball* to track the car and then report on the brakes, then we may continue.

Anyone who cares to chime in on Preston feel free he also owns one of the highest mileage Enzo's out there and that has seen the track numerous times as well.
One of them is active member at some automotive forums and his name is Rob, he is done great job posting his impressions of using Veyron and yes he tracked his Veyron multiple times, some opinions are based on private conversations and are not to be revealed, please understand me, I can say only that UK Veyron Pur Sang is tracked on a regular basis, no connection to the owner, just know. Now the discussion is in the field of someone said something, someone heard it and now someone is repeating. I can say only one thing, not so few Veyrons were tracked and no one had issue with brake overheating. Not even one supercars with CC brakes had problem with brakes overheat ever, of course if it was used normaly even in track conditions. From your words it is like Preston vs all automotive world, because in every and I mean ever review and private opinion Veyron brakes are rated as the most impressive ever made. All respect to Preston, but to trust all this I want to see a link when I can read Preston's opinion in original. And lets us stop this conversation, I love Veyron, you are not, let us not to make discussion field in this thread dedicated to the last special versions of Veyron.

Last edited by D55L; 12-16-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute

Mike my point exactly Braman here has Veyrons for sale and is begging someone to buy them, I sell private Jets and am more aqare of the high end economic situation then many. Most people these days are not so quick to pull the trigger on a US$1.5m car that depreciates like hell, there is a UK based Veyron that saw under US$1m ask in the past 3 months.

Last edited by Marc; 12-16-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Marc
Mike my point exactly Braman here has Veyrons for sale and is begging someone to buy them, I sell private Jets and am more aqare of the high end economic situation then many. Most people these days are not so quick to pull the trigger on a US$1.5m car that depreciates like hell, there is a UK based Veyron that saw under US$1m ask in the past 3 months.
I am not collecting information from dealers, only from factory. I know of some 4 or 6 delivery miles US specs Veyrons sitting at different dealerships. All those cars are MY08 and are former or actual showroom cars. It is very hard to sell the Veyron in the open sale, paying such amount of money everyone want to spec the car he wants. And yes I can agree that Bugatti has not protected secondary market and the production run is too big for this market segment. But credible analysts say that after the end of production run prices will start to climb again. Because even how brilliant next Bugatti supercar would be, it will not be like Veyron again.

Quick Reply: Veyron Nocturne, Veyron Sang D'Argent, Veyron Grand Sport Soleil Du Nuit