Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport @ Bugatti St. Louis! - Video Test Drive !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Arrow Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport @ Bugatti St. Louis! - Video Test Drive !!

We have 2 ! Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sports @ Bugatti St. Louis for a few days, that is ! Great Numbers : 8.0 Litres, 16 Cylinders, 4 turbo chargers, 7 sequential gears , 2 clutches and 1,001 Horse power going to 4 Wheels !

YouTube - BUGATTI VEYRON 16.4 GRAND SPORT - Quick lap.

Enjoy ! Adrian Hill St. Louis Motorsports/ Bugatti St. Louis
Telephone : 636-449-0000 E-mail :
Adrian@Bugattistl.com

Last edited by Adrian; 07-01-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
I liked the Grand Sport ever since I saw the first one at Pebble last year.
Thanks for this video!

But what was that sound of like high pressure gas escaping when he got on it?
They were remarking that it sounded great, but I found it really annoying.
Maybe it sounded different to them.
Was that excess pressure coming out of the 4 turbo waste gates when he
got off the throttle?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Wastegates dump pressure from the hot side of a turbo into the exhaust system. You can tune the wastegate to open at a certain peak pressure point in order to regulate the spooling of the turbo and therefore the amount of boost pressure it produces.

Blowoff valves release the pressure created on the cold side of the turbo when the throttle plate is abruptly closed. Most turbocharged production cars vent the blowoff valve/s back into the airbox to muffle the sound. The ones that don't, like the Veyron, produce the "whistle" you heard in the video.

I found the video amusing when they kept referring to "the sound of four turbos" when what they were really hearing was the sound of the blowoff valves releasing the air when the driver would get out of the throttle. Oh well...

STLMOTORSPORTS - Must be an enjoyable job you have. A quick lap in a Veyron would be quite the thrill. I'd only suggest a shielded lapel mic for any future videos you intend to make. That would eliminate a lot of the background noise heard in the beginning from the wind and the traffic.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Great videos as always, Adrian! I had a chance to see the twins a few days ago, and then again yesterday. On my way out, I saw one of them at that detail shop off of Long Rd. - do you guys get work done there or was it just visiting? Always wondered if they did good work.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
grreat video!

thanks

relatively cold engine and nailing it is not exactly good though..
anyway..sweet cars you got there

Last edited by ECB; 07-02-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
is it me or is the White Veyron like 100 feet from the freeway without any safety walls?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Great video. Grand Sport is the greatest modern supercar.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
is it me or is the White Veyron like 100 feet from the freeway without any safety walls?
thought the same as I saw it sitting all alone in the parking lot

Old 07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for making the vid for us Adrian

Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Wastegates dump pressure from the hot side of a turbo into the exhaust system. You can tune the wastegate to open at a certain peak pressure point in order to regulate the spooling of the turbo and therefore the amount of boost pressure it produces.

Blowoff valves release the pressure created on the cold side of the turbo when the throttle plate is abruptly closed. Most turbocharged production cars vent the blowoff valve/s back into the airbox to muffle the sound. The ones that don't, like the Veyron, produce the "whistle" you heard in the video.

I found the video amusing when they kept referring to "the sound of four turbos" when what they were really hearing was the sound of the blowoff valves releasing the air when the driver would get out of the throttle. Oh well...

STLMOTORSPORTS - Must be an enjoyable job you have. A quick lap in a Veyron would be quite the thrill. I'd only suggest a shielded lapel mic for any future videos you intend to make. That would eliminate a lot of the background noise heard in the beginning from the wind and the traffic.

>8^)
ER
^^^ Wow...somebody needs to relax. It's called fun. I assure you I know the difference between the turbo's spooling and the waste gas or blow off valves...please bear in mind these videos are just a fun type thing and the average 15 year old youtube watcher can relate a little easier to the word turbo than wastegate.

Last edited by Adrian; 07-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport @ Bugatti St. Louis! - Video Test Drive !!