Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

UEFA 2012/2013 Champions League Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
UEFA 2012/2013 Champions League Thread

I just realized we don't have a thread for this yet. Listing the first phase groups for reference for discussion here:

First Phase

Group A
FC Porto
Paris Saint-Germain
Dynamo Kiev
Dinamo Zagreb

Group B
Schalke 04
Arsenal
Olympiakos
Montpellier

Group C
Málaga
AC Milan
Anderlecht
Zenit St Petersburg

Group D
Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid
Ajax Amsterdam
Manchester City

Group E
Shakhtar Donetsk
Juventus
Chelsea
FC Nordsjælland

Group F
Valencia
Bayern Munich
BATE Borisov
Lille

Group G
Barcelona
Benfica
Celtic
Spartak Moscow

Group H
Manchester United
CFR Cluj-Napoca
Galatasaray
Braga

I am a huge Bayern Munich fan and after last years loss in the finals, I think they are ready for a first place finish! Who do you root for? Let the discussions begin!

Last edited by TheStigSC; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
So after today's matches, it looks like these teams will be advancing to the Second Phase for sure:

From Group A - FC Porto and Paris Saint-Germain
From Group C - Malaga
From Group D - Borussia Dortmund (although I don't see Real not advancing)
From Group F - Valencia and Bayern Munich
From Group G - Barcelona
From Group H - Manchester United

Groups B, E, G, and H are all groups to watch during the final matches as they are all brutally close. Also, C and D will be interesting to see if Milan and Real can advance. We will see.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Its a tragedy that we didn't have a CL thread before.

But better late then never.

My team (Inter) are not in the competition this year, after giving up everything from being champions 2010 to being shit last year.
But we will be back.

With that said im rooting for all the Italian teams,as Italy needs those UEFA rankings desperately.

So im very happy for the Juventus win today ( even though i hate them usually)

But anything is better than an English team winning

Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by The Artist
Its a tragedy that we didn't have a CL thread before.

But better late then never.
My thoughts exactly! I was really surprised when I realized we didn't have one, however we do now.

And I gotta agree with you on the whole english teams winning thing

Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Group A:

Porto and PSG are through

Group B:

Schalke and Arsenal through

Group C:
Malaga and Milan ( thank god cause they suck) through

Group D:
Dortmund and Real Madrid through, ( Hah @ Manchester City)

Group E:
Is still alive with any of Shaktar,Juventus or Chelsea being able to qualify.. ( lol @ benitez for chelsea)

Group F:
Bayern and Valencia through

Group G:
Barcelona are done, still alive for either Benfica or Celtic

Group H:
Manchester United through, and still alive for either Galatasaray or Cluj.

So more or less the only interesting group for me in the last match ups is group E

Hoping for some monster matches in the next round

Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
Hoping for a Schalke draw or loss, and an Arsenal win on the final group matches!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Should be a good final knockout round....I'm hoping to see Bayern take back the pride they lost in that upset loss to BATE earlier in the round.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
R R8TED is an unknown quantity at this point
dortmund looks great, plus they have a young core of studs, this is the new farm house of european football

Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dangermouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefor manchester united and in the EL for basel

Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by R R8TED
dortmund looks great, plus they have a young core of studs, this is the new farm house of european football
Oh I completely agree! Bayern's rivals and I have a hard time not cheering for them when they aren't playing Bayern. They are awesome to watch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UEFA 2012/2013 Champions League Thread