Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Which team will win Euro 2012?
Spain
27.69%
Portugal
0%
Holland
9.23%
Germany
35.38%
England
10.77%
Italy
4.62%
France
1.54%
Croatia
1.54%
Sweden
6.15%
Russia
1.54%
Ukraine
0%
Greece
1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Euro 2012 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
It's on like Donkey Kong.

Nobody's talking about France, but I think they're going to suprise us.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Our co-trainer Hansi Flick had a little faux pas this morning. When asked how they are going to deal with Ronaldos free kicks, he said "Well, then we have to wear steel helmets"

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by boursachi
whoa that game lit up
hope this euros lives up, big shoes to fill from 08
Indeed! What a spectacular match, a great way to start Euro 2012.
Great save by the goalkeeper on the penalty.

Originally Posted by sinan
Our co-trainer Hansi Flick had a little faux pas this morning. When asked how they are going to deal with Ronaldos free kicks, he said "Well, then we have to wear steel helmets"
Yeah, that's not done. I hope Ronaldo is going to be on fire! I love it when he scores goals like that.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KristofD10
The FIFA ranking is messed up big time.
USA is 28th but they lost against Belgium last year. So Belgium should be 27th?
There's no logic sense. The team that has won the World Cup should be number 1. The team that became 2nd should be 2nd, the team that won the third place should be third.
If I would do my statistics like that at my job they would've fired me already.
I could make better rankings myself and the FIFA, and especially Sep Blatter, is the worst thing that has ever happened to football.
The FIFA rankings take a LOT of things into account. Not just wins, but variables like strength of opponents, etc. They also take into account the last several years, but each year further into the past is weighted less than the more recent. Basically you need to perform consistently over time, and one win over any other team doesn't really go that far by itself.

You say USA lost against Belgium so they should be a certain rank. Well USA beat Spain in the midst of Spain's record run of wins. Should we have moved up to #1? Or even #10? If we beat spain and then get beat by everyone else, that needs to have more weight. It's complex but I think pretty fair - but it is based on results. Uruguay plays a LOT of games against tough competition in South America that we don't always hear about, so little by little they climb the ranks under the radar.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully I'm going to have access to wifi and if so I'll try to update every other day of pics on Swedish fans! Leaving in 6hours or so, so time to get some sleep.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
have fun man, I am jealous.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm impressed by the russians, they play fast and good football!

Must be the dutch coach

Old 06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A3aan
I'm impressed by the russians, they play fast and good football!

Must be the dutch coach
The style of play is certainly reminiscent of how the Dutch usually play. It must be the Dutch coach idd.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
The FIFA rankings take a LOT of things into account. Not just wins, but variables like strength of opponents, etc. They also take into account the last several years, but each year further into the past is weighted less than the more recent. Basically you need to perform consistently over time, and one win over any other team doesn't really go that far by itself.

You say USA lost against Belgium so they should be a certain rank. Well USA beat Spain in the midst of Spain's record run of wins. Should we have moved up to #1? Or even #10? If we beat spain and then get beat by everyone else, that needs to have more weight. It's complex but I think pretty fair - but it is based on results. Uruguay plays a LOT of games against tough competition in South America that we don't always hear about, so little by little they climb the ranks under the radar.
Yeah, I know. But what they don't keep in my mind is that the mentality of players in qualification rounds for Euro 2012, world cup 2010 and in the Euro 2012 and World Cup 2010 the mentality of the players is different than in the friendly games.
They could think about that too.

It is based on results but it's just too complicated, they should think more about the results in the World Cups and Euro Cups.
I've nothing against Uruguay, they played great in the world cup, but they didn't finished 2nd so they should not be number 2 on the ranking. Just my thoughts.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
In Russia, ball plays you!

I'm definitely cheering for Rosicky over Arshavin, but looks like the little Russian is going to come out victorious...

And yes, I'm judging every game by which Arsenal players (if any) are featured!

(Barca doesn't count because they're all Spanish....)

Quick Reply: Euro 2012 Thread