Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will take it this time???
Lionel Messi
45.83%
Cristiano Ronaldo
37.50%
Xavi
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Fifa Ballon d'Or

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
I see your you are saying but I do not agree
Who else whould you place?

This is from the BBC link I placed...
Xavi.

Originally Posted by like.no.other
I see your point but the Argentina National team is in shambles to say the least they should be better at the next world cup if Pastore proves to be the playmaker that he is claimed to be. Plus i dont understand why they wouldn't play Mascherano at CB since he has done such a great job for Barca there. Also I realize that the Ballon d'or is nothing if not subjective, yet Messi has been indispensable for Barca he scores, assists and always raises his level in the big matches as evidenced in the Champion's League final in '09 and '11. I guess what im trying to say is even though you have a point I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Messi in my opinion will without a doubt be remembered as one of the best footballers that have ever graced the pitch, once he hangs up his boots. But until then i hope he'll continue with his dazzling displays for many years to come.
I agree that he is young and probably has a lot more potential. Overrated was maybe a bit harsh. I respect him for what he his and his abilities with the ball. I just think Xavi is a much more "complete" player and would have deserved to win, even though he doesn't score as much goals as Messi - he is the main gearwheel in Barcas continued success.

And the best footballer to ever walk the face of earth was without a doubt Zinedine Zidane.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
Messi, I saw every game of barca (and real) this year and he is the best. He's everywhere on the field, scores many goals, his passes are brilliant and his technique is awesome. theres no one like him.

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona 2-3 Goals & Highlights HD 23.11.2011 - YouTube
watch messis pass to xavi. out of this world.

Xavi deserve it too, for being the best midfielder in the world. his "soccer IQ" is unrivaled.

Cristiano, he's awesome too, but unfortunately for him, there's Messi.

Last edited by Turboholic; 01-10-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turboholic
Messi will win, no doubt...
He won yesterday
Originally Posted by sinan
Xavi.
Maybe he should have won in 2010 but in my view not the 2012

Old 01-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
And the best footballer to ever walk the face of earth was without a doubt Zinedine Zidane.
I think that Zizou is without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest footballers of all time. Up there with Platini, Cruyf, Di setephano, Maradona ect ect.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Xavi when asked about Zidane:

Everyone sees the game in his own way: Maradona said he was surprised to see Zidane spectacular moves despite his big size, Ayala emphasizes on the way he controlled the ball… How would you describe his game?
(After a long sigh) For me, Zidane is the best player in the world that spans the decade from 1995 to 2005-2006, and is one of the best players in the history of this sport. To see him play in itself is a real spectacle. He knew everything: he plays with his right as well as with his left foot, he can dribble, shoot at goal, he is good with his head. He is one of the most complete players I’ve seen in my life.
Do you have a story to tell us about Zizou? You often had him as an opponent.
He never lets anything gets past him on a football pitch. It’s true when they say he didn’t lose a lot of balls for even when I managed to steal a ball from him, he would never accept it. He would suddenly become a true warrior. Many people failed to notice that but on the pitch Zidane is very aggressive, very strong physically.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing that. That interview made him even more pleasant.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by like.no.other
I think that Zizou is without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest footballers of all time. Up there with Platini, Cruyf, Di setephano, Maradona ect ect.
+1.

Xavi will never reach his status.

Zizou is a symbol, a legend. Something Messi and C. Ronaldo haven't achieved yet.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Ronaldo will never achieve anything close to what Zizou has and Messi possibly will in the future.

The thing about Ronaldo is he SUCKS in the big games. Look at his last performane in el Classico. Or his performances in the CL finals he has played. Or Portugal's deciding games in the WC and EC. Ronaldo doesn't have "it", unlike the historic players who stepped up the game whenever it was needed the most.

Zidane was that player. CL finals, WC finals or any other big game, he dominated those.

Messi has been brilliant in the big games for Barcelona but has yet failed to deliver in Argentine's national team IMO. Still, he has a much higher lowest level than Ronaldo.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm not really sure about Ronaldo not having "it", only time will tell I guess.

Like you mentioned, Zidane was great, a true inspiration for a lot of football players (including myself when I was young).

The only player that is about to reach such a status as Zidane is Iker Casillas, he has won almost everything for Real Madrid and for his national team.

It's just too bad that goalskeepers will always be a little bit underestimated compared to midfielders and attackers.
If you ask me, they should have given at least one Ballon d'Or or FIFA award to Casillas.