Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/)
-   -   UEFA Champions League 2011/2012 Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/63483-uefa-champions-league-2011-2012-thread.html)

ECB 05-20-2012 08:43 AM

CfC knows more about German Soccer than a lot of Germans out there...:lol:

I think it was the HUGE pressure they felt that made them screw up things they otherwise would have easily get done properly...
just imagine what it means to have an entire nation on the screen,the family,friends,team mates,coach,managers and the fans in the arena in your neck expecting you to win or else you`re the shame of the team..that must be tough!
But then again,they`re professionals and don`t experience that for the first time.
Schweini def. can`t be blamed for the result,nor Robben can you blame Robben alone for it since they are a team and had numerous chances to nail it,..but it`s still Robben who has screwed up the most by far as an individual...damn.

Chris from Cali 05-20-2012 09:06 AM

I've been a Bayern fan for some time... Keep in mind, before 2005 or so, not much football was on American TV. In the 1990s it was worse. I remember being able to watch one, maybe two games per weekend. Usually it was Man U, Newcastle, or Liverpool. That's how I ended up choosing Man U as my team. As for the Bundesliga, I knew about it because Wynalda played there, then I'd see maybe one game a month, usually Bayern. Same thing with how I came to like Ajax. I like Inter because of when fat Ronaldo was there, and Real because the friend that introduced me to football worshipped them.

Good thing he wasn't a Luton Town fanatic. ;)

boursachi 05-20-2012 12:01 PM

Ludas, thanks for the explanation. reading some statistics now robben had 15 shots but only 6 on target. and 7 of those were from outside the penalty area, this is why i mentioned in my previous post that RDM knew what he was doing

Originally Posted by All We'll Drive (Post 1318641)
After the heartache of losing to Man U 4 years ago, and those games against Barca that broke our hearts, this is just awesome.

soooo true!!! it's amazing
the liverpool ghost, the pks, the unawarded penalties with barca, the moscow red card, the final kick; i honestly cannot remember a time when i didn't feel we did everything until we played Mourinho's Inter and we got outclassed by miles that was great in the end because he went on to win it and school barcelona on the way :golfclap:
it has been a loooong time coming .. CONGRATULATIONS :friends:

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 1318655)
Did anyone else find Kalou to be a bit of a wanker for accepting his medal shirtless? And David Luiz's stupid hat? Fail.
I was actually happy for Roman - that dude wouldn't have been happier if he doubled his money. And RDM deserves a contract.
Congrats again to you Blues - you beat the Germans and didn't need Americans to help! ;)

haha awesome post!! did you see Kalou's head? nuf said :smilie: and i thought Luiz's hat was awesome :lol: i mean how can he top the hair? :lol:

i would love RDM to have a chance at the EPL next season
he deserves THAT, and Roman better do the right thing because the fans never forgave him for the way he treated Mourinho

Originally Posted by ECB (Post 1318677)
just imagine what it means to have an entire nation on the screen,the family,friends,team mates,coach,managers and the fans in the arena in your neck expecting you to win or else you`re the shame of the team..that must be tough!

also from stats: Bastian covered 15,464 meters and Mata covered 16,123 meters. it is pressure yes, but not a coincidence that both these guys missed.

Jupp made the huuuge mistake of pulling Muller out in the last 6 minutes. what he basically did was invite chelsea to attack. RDM already got Torres and Malouda on, so RDM knew that Lahm was gonna come forward now having taken Bertrand off. i still cannot figure out why BM wanted to drop in defense.
basically, Jupp single handedly gave Chelsea the momentum to go forward. Toress from the right (not a coincidence), gets a corner. Torres needs to be marked, Drogba digs himself in, must have practiced this 1,000,000 times with Lampard and produces that header.

blaming the players of BM from yesterday is so unfair and i would be furious with the media as a BM fan.

boursachi 05-20-2012 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
bro's pov from the game last night

Ludas 05-20-2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by boursachi (Post 1318752)
Jupp made the huuuge mistake of pulling Muller out in the last 6 minutes. what he basically did was invite chelsea to attack.

German media asked Heynckes why he pulled Müller off and the explanation was that Müller has had problems and pain in his calf muscles for a few weeks now and signalled to Jupp that he wanted to go out. Jupp felt he had no other option than to take him off the pitch and I understand him. It wasn't his choice.

boursachi 05-21-2012 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks L, makes sense now and i definitely understand why JH subbed Muller .. worked out in our favour ;)

picked my bro up from the airport late last night, his last 72hrs are just a single long memory. he loved the BM fans, says they were gracious and everyone was congratulating them when the match was over.. at first when they were seated incorrectly in a BM zone, the fans were joking and grilling them but he says they were friendly. says the germans were great overall and his moods were lifted with their demeanor even though they spent 4hrs trying to get a hold of their tickets (huuuuuge fuss with the site's rep, apparently everyone was affected including our very own Graytt and co.)

we agreed we will definitely try and go to munich in the future and cheer on Bayern :golfclap: he says he was surprised with the fuss caused by train transportation to/from the stadium, he did mention the chelsea fans were a riot and were shoving/pushing BUT he says they waited 1.5hrs at the station to get a ride .. sounds so un-german and the only explanation i can think of is that over 120 thousand people wanted to go near the stadium?! week in week out BM has a match so it can't be like this, can it?
best thing is he says the chelsea fans gathered in the city's square and chanted "we hate to'num" :lol: other gems include a chelsea fan screaming "aw yea germans goin on abou' how efficient they are at penalties!" :whistle:

he got me this tee in XL so it's definitely going to be my new fav tee. my previous fav was a L puma ferrari i got 2yrs ago so i can see this being my fav until we win the cl again :lol:

sinan 05-21-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by boursachi (Post 1319247)
thanks L, makes sense now and i definitely understand why JH subbed Muller .. worked out in our favour ;)

picked my bro up from the airport late last night, his last 72hrs are just a single long memory. he loved the BM fans, says they were gracious and everyone was congratulating them when the match was over.. at first when they were seated incorrectly in a BM zone, the fans were joking and grilling them but he says they were friendly. says the germans were great overall and his moods were lifted with their demeanor even though they spent 4hrs trying to get a hold of their tickets (huuuuuge fuss with the site's rep, apparently everyone was affected including our very own Graytt and co.)

we agreed we will definitely try and go to munich in the future and cheer on Bayern :golfclap: he says he was surprised with the fuss caused by train transportation to/from the stadium, he did mention the chelsea fans were a riot and were shoving/pushing BUT he says they waited 1.5hrs at the station to get a ride .. sounds so un-german and the only explanation i can think of is that over 120 thousand people wanted to go near the stadium?! week in week out BM has a match so it can't be like this, can it?
best thing is he says the chelsea fans gathered in the city's square and chanted "we hate to'num" :lol: other gems include a chelsea fan screaming "aw yea germans goin on abou' how efficient they are at penalties!" :whistle:

he got me this tee in XL so it's definitely going to be my new fav tee. my previous fav was a L puma ferrari i got 2yrs ago so i can see this being my fav until we win the cl again :lol:

120k ? More like half of munich and the surrounding areas were on the streets to watch the game. A friend of mine who lives in Munich said it took them 3h to get to the stadium for a way that normally takes 30mins. Chelsea can have the CL cup as long as we win the Eurocup :spar:

Ludas 05-21-2012 07:07 AM

With Hodgson I don't expect England to even proceed from the group stage. That man is a bigger joke than Steve McClaren.

All We'll Drive 05-21-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by boursachi (Post 1319247)

Haha, I just ordered that exact shirt in white, and also the Champions League Winners scarf.

All We'll Drive 05-21-2012 08:35 AM

So I guess John Terry is getting a lot of stick in the British Press for putting his full kit on, including shin pads to go accept the trophy, even though he didnt play. They are saying how he gatecrashed the party. Anyway, some of these are pretty good.....Terry the Gatecrasher, and his historic gatecrashing moments.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/def...cture/1966.jpg

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/def...istaylor_0.jpg

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/def...ture/usain.jpg