Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/)
-   -   UEFA Champions League 2011/2012 Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/63483-uefa-champions-league-2011-2012-thread.html)

Turboholic 05-19-2012 11:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
olympia stadium and subway station after the game

Lumma 05-20-2012 12:57 AM

i did not watch the game

but was in tears when i saw the final score !

My wife was Laughing at me, crying over a match :D

strebo 05-20-2012 03:04 AM

I can't fanthom how they media trying to blame Schweinsteiger (sorry for the rubbish spelling)!? Robben should be shot, such an awful penalty kick!

Ludas 05-20-2012 04:59 AM

I don't get how BM can have Robben as their first penalty taker for in game penalties. He always fking misses. Noone can blame Schweini, for me Robben and Gomez are the ones that should have decided the game before overtime.

boursachi 05-20-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ludas (Post 1318371)
Still, Cech went to the right side 6 times out of 6 penalties. How the F is that possible?

he wanted it, didn't he :yup:

Originally Posted by All We'll Drive (Post 1318443)
They had so many chances and all Bayern could muster was 1 Muller goal....terrible conversion rate.

true, but imho out of the 7 on target i would put 3 as deadly chances that HAD to be scored. still that is a LOT to have/miss in a CL final! kudos to our lads for putting them out of their element even when they had the chance :golfclap:

Originally Posted by strebo (Post 1318551)
I can't fanthom how they media trying to blame Schweinsteiger (sorry for the rubbish spelling)!? Robben should be shot, such an awful penalty kick!

fvck the media, he did nothing wrong imho and to put that much pressure on anyone is crazy. his hesitation definitely took away from the power but cech managed to get a hand to it and i would say cech was awesome and bastian didn't do anything wrong with that penalty/match. he only got a yellow card in the 2nd minute and then continued to not make a single wrong pass from what i saw. it's like if chelsea wanted to blame Mata for missing the PK, rubbish!

Originally Posted by Ludas (Post 1318587)
I don't get how BM can have Robben as their first penalty taker for in game penalties. He always fking misses. Noone can blame Schweini, for me Robben and Gomez are the ones that should have decided the game before overtime.

i don't follow the Bundesliga but i did hear the commentators discussing Robben missing a pk in a game that cost them the league? :shrug: what is all that about

Ludas 05-20-2012 07:03 AM

Ali they were talking about the Dortmund-Bayern game when Dortmund had a 3 point lead only 3 or 4 games before the end of the season. Bayern had the chance when Robben got a penalty but he missed and Dortmund won, basically securing the league.

He just can't get it done anymore. Good thing Bayern already knew that and bought Shaqiri from Basel who just might put Robben on the bench next season. Personally I hope Bayern sells Robben this summer, he's on his way down. I also hope Bayern buy Olivier Giroud from Montpellier to slowly replace Gomez. So many chances Gomez and Robben have missed this spring, they must be replaced.

All We'll Drive 05-20-2012 07:12 AM

Just waking up this morning, and I still cant believe we are European Champions......It's so epic. After the heartache of losing to Man U 4 years ago, and those games against Barca that broke our hearts, this is just awesome.

LABrit 05-20-2012 07:15 AM

http://www.epltalk.com/media/2012/05...-of-europe.jpg

Chris from Cali 05-20-2012 07:35 AM

Did anyone else find Kalou to be a bit of a wanker for accepting his medal shirtless? And David Luiz's stupid hat? Fail. I never understand how these guys find a stupid hat to be THE way to celebrate the CL. The other thing that annoyed me was when those two wouldn't let Lamps and Drogs bring the CL trophy to the front to show it.... GTFO of the way you two!

I was actually happy for Roman - that dude wouldn't have been happier if he doubled his money. And RDM deserves a contract. Bayern's coach said he deserves a 3-yr deal - high praise indeed.

Congrats again to you Blues - you beat the Germans and didn't need Americans to help! ;)

All We'll Drive 05-20-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by chris from cali (Post 1318655)
did anyone else find kalou to be a bit of a wanker for accepting his medal shirtless? And david luiz's stupid hat? Fail. I never understand how these guys find a stupid hat to be the way to celebrate the cl. The other thing that annoyed me was when those two wouldn't let lamps and drogs bring the cl trophy to the front to show it.... Gtfo of the way you two!

I was actually happy for roman - that dude wouldn't have been happier if he doubled his money. And rdm deserves a contract. Bayern's coach said he deserves a 3-yr deal - high praise indeed.

Congrats again to you blues - you beat the germans and didn't need americans to help! ;)

lol