Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Community Shield

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
This thread needs an injection of Chelsea inspiration.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
‪Thierry Henry Skills Joga Bonito‬‏ - YouTube

Best Henry goal ever - last one... I miss these commercials.

Oh yeah, F Man Shitty.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Watch this space.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The Community Shield match was unreal! Pure Evo is right that we dominated the entire game.

Shitty's first goal was a well executed set piece that is always difficult to defend, unfortunately for them that was Silva's only contribution, ALL GAME LONG! Luckily for Shitty, Rio fell asleep - he's allowed to now that he's at the end of his career and there is quality and youth ready to take his place. Goal two was a strike that was of great quality. It is always the downfall of a keeper's to not keep his feet moving, Dzeko's pured shot proved that.

I think I re-aggravated my groin in the first few minutes of the second half from hopping off the couch to celebrate the exemplary football put on display by United.

Goal 3 was similar to Lescott's but with a whole lot more class.

Goal 4 was unbelievable! My wife, who is usually unhappy if Berba isn't on the pitch, went berserk! After she soaked in the delight of the goal, she compared it to something expected from Barca at their best.

The idea of penalties did not sit well with me to the point that I would have switched channels. United kept pressing and you kinda felt that they would get through. There were a few times earlier in the second half where Ashley, Nani and Welbeck pressured City's back line and keeper to make hasty clearances, which made the last goal even more surprising. Kompany is a strong defender and is good on the ball (think back to the days he used to play midfield), I thought Nani had a chance to pressure him but never did I think he would win the ball. He showed real class and composure with the finish!

Respect to the efforts by Cleverly and Welbeck. I really feel that these two, if kept in United uniforms and if they continue to develop, will be notable and possibly legends at the end of their United careers. I like what SAF is doing with Smalling up and down the flank. Given another season or two, he could be nasty for the opposition with his strength and speed, he just needs a little work on his timing and touch.

I predict City will be a contender this year, Chelsea better be ready to fight for the number 2 spot with them. Too bad for City that Mancini has so much belief in Balotelli, he will continue to be a cancer and a waste if his attitude doesn't change.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so we can all agree to hate Man City.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
And extra-special for Pure Steve-O:
Back at 'cha, brother!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8G5Yty4RKI

(I know this was posted in the other thread, but it deserves to be posted ad infinitum...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbAS...D2A5EBD2F19DC9

and another great Nike spot:
‪Nike - Thierry Henry Ad‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
he keeps making excuses about a 'young and developing' side, and when they mature, he sells them off?
The problem isn't him... it's the players and other teams. Someone comes around waving big bucks and they players bolt. They get stars in their eyes, take off and then basically fall off the map. Wenger doesn't want to sell any of these guys. If he could hang onto a "team" for a few years, we'd KILL. We always will be a garden of talent, ready for the pickin'.

And honestly, Bendtner can catch the next train to obscurity for all I care. He's been a nightmare, and probably the most inconsistent and frustrating player I can remember (besides Almunia). He's the textbook definition of "1 step forward, 3 steps back". When I see him warming up on the sideline, I get depressed because it means we're desperate. Time to roll the dice.

Wow... we just signed Southampton/England U-21 winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain... Good thing we're loading up on League One players But then again, that's where Walcott came from.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo

Wow... we just signed Southampton/England U-21 winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain... Good thing we're loading up on League One players But then again, that's where Walcott came from.
Am I reading this right, you are happy about Walcott?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
This thread needs an injection of Chelsea inspiration.
AYE AYE

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Another of my favorite strikers - Zlatan:
absolutely phenomenal!! i haven't seen most of those goals before, just WOW!

Originally Posted by Alex
I predict City will be a contender this year, Chelsea better be ready to fight for the number 2 spot with them. Too bad for City that Mancini has so much belief in Balotelli, he will continue to be a cancer and a waste if his attitude doesn't change.
1st about Nani: i hate the guy's attitude and his barca-whining nature, but he was brilliant

as for mancity, i don't think Hart is a world class keeper yet. thus, i don't reckon they can finish 2nd. this was the undoing of Arsenal (imho), for the past few years. especially in the PL, since they've had the misfortune to be drawn consistently vs barcelona.
someone like Reina kept liverpool in the race 2yrs ago.
Cech and VDS have kept chelsea/united in it for the last 4

that said, tevez/aguero teaming up will be a riot.
with nasri, if true, they need to have a holding mf of both quality and VISION. sorry but i'm not sure who that is yet for them

Back at 'cha, brother!

and another great Nike spot:
1. unbelievable strike. but i still give Essien's vs arsenal the prize
i love how the commentary goes:
"lampard, comes out to esSSSSIEEEENNNN ........ *silence*"

‪Michael Essien ~ Arsenal vs Chelsea ~ 06/05/2007‬‏ - YouTube

2. haha love that ad, the SAF image is too funny

Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
The problem isn't him... it's the players and other teams. Someone comes around waving big bucks and they players bolt. They get stars in their eyes, take off and then basically fall off the map. Wenger doesn't want to sell any of these guys. If he could hang onto a "team" for a few years, we'd KILL. We always will be a garden of talent, ready for the pickin'.
i agree that Wenger cannot control the transfer market, but i blame no one but him for not winning a trophy in 5 yrs, which would make it much easier for those players to wish to move on.

i disagree respectfully with the "if he could hang onto a team" comment, and i would contend that he should B U I L D a team.
i mean: GET A FRIGGIN' KEEPER!! my reply above was written before i read your post, so i will reiterate: arsenal have been let down more than any other reason BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE A GOOD KEEPER

am really REALLY wishing arsenal does something this season, i have had a soft spot for them before i caught the EPL bug because a couple of my best friends are gunner fanatics + i attended their home game vs barca in `10 and chanted like they were my national team

Originally Posted by Alex
Am I reading this right, you are happy about Walcott?
he would've been better off if his PE teacher did him a favour and directed him towards running.
he would've been a medal winning Olympian in the 100/200m sprints

Quick Reply: Community Shield